• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hey guys! Sonnet here with a quick question.

Is this something you might want to see?

• Yes- in one long episode

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Yes- in shorter, more detailed episodes

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sonnet

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kuch11
Hey everyone! I'm Sonnet, a Bowser Jr. main currently residing in Houston, Texas. You might recognize me as an early mod in Hungrybox's chat, a frequent poster right after this game came out, or you may have tuned into my stream a few times before. I'm not exactly well known or anything like that, but then again, neither is this character. I've started to turn heads at locals by simply up and choosing Bowjow, and it's made me realize that nobody really knows what he's capable of.

While I wouldn't consider him high-tier by any standards, I can truthfully say that Bowjow is one of the wackiest and most fun characters to play on the roster. It really disappoints me that nobody else really understands him, so I'm going to try and set out to change that.

For a while. I've heavily considered making videos that show off some of what Bowjow is able to accomplish in Smash 4. Originally, my intention was to make one long video that covers all of the basics, but recently I've started to lean towards the idea of shorter videos that go a bit more in-depth on each topic I want to cover.

In the end, I decided to make this post and ask you guys what you'd like to see, if anything at all. I've played LITERALLY nothing but this character since his release, and I feel confident that I can talk about the more important aspects of his moveset, and how it all applies to his overall gameplan. If you feel like this is something you might watch, let me know so I can get working on it right away!

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
As a Koopaling main myself, I'd love to see a few short videos to help more people get into this character. It's pretty infuriating when I come across a fellow BowJow/Koopaling and instinctively expect a poor player who'll spam side-B, so... As for what I'd like to see, well...

- Explainations of how to play safe as Koopalings, how to make the most of the neutral game, how to use recoveries safely, OOS options and the like; this is a big one for starting as any character. Safety first, kids! :v

- Combos, set-ups and follow-ups; while most people who play the character know this one by now since Koops are super good at combos, and basically live off set-ups, it's still worth showing newbies the ropes when it comes to this one. Greatly improves the power and pressure of punishes and hits in general.

- Mix-ups and advanced tricks; things like walls of death, Mechakoopa set-ups and stuff. Advanced strategies and mindgames that players who have the basics down can try their hands at.

It's cool to see someone so dedicated to the character that they'd like to share their experience. They are incredibly fun, and I'd like to see more people using them to their full potential. Hell, I'm sure even I'll learn a thing or two! Haha.

Top Bottom