• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

hey Austin

kwanzai

Smash Rookie
Just wondering what sorts of smash still goes down in Austin.
Anyone planning on holding a tournament soon?
Do people still play at UT?

I'm usually in the UT area on tuesdays and wednesdays so if anyone wants to play some friendlies let me know.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Well, idk about smash during the week, but we still play Friday afternoons in the Jester West basement near where the LANCave used to be.

dcx1287

Smash Lord
does anyone go to Westlake high school. that's where i went. i'm 19 now though (in college)

dcx1287

Smash Lord
I'm sure it is but it's probably not well-advertised. Also, the people who would be playing at places like gamestop, etc. are horrible at the game so they wouldn't provide you with good smash fun.

There used to be a LAN place called "Cyberjocks" where good people played smash, but Cyberjocks went out of business a few months back.

ClintX10

Smash Rookie
Yeah my friend says he goes to gamestop and places like that, and him and his bro always win 1st and 2nd cause everyone else sucks. Austin doesn't have too many great players(not that I know of), so its hard to meet someone good. I wouldn't mind playing bad people though. You guys are good right?

AustinRC

Smash Lord
Jester basement on Fridays from around 3 to like whenever they decide to leave like usually 12 something I think. Its at 21st and Speedway.

kwanzai

Smash Rookie
****, i didn't even realize CyberJocks was gone
i'll have to request a friday off to come smash sometime

Shiro Kageryu

Smash Journeyman
Yeah my friend says he goes to gamestop and places like that, and him and his bro always win 1st and 2nd cause everyone else sucks. Austin doesn't have too many great players(not that I know of), so its hard to meet someone good. I wouldn't mind playing bad people though. You guys are good right?
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL =D

Austin pretty much has the best players in practically ANY game (but Crystal City has the best Smashers in TX)! One reason I want to move to Austin is because of that...and to play GG with Team Anime >,>

Smash Cadet
u_u .... OMG I cant wait to play you JF + RCAustin friday !! Smash Galaxee is excited !
by the by... we're all still in highschool and find time to smash xD

we'll show up earlier then 3... but i'll give you a call beforehand anyways...
prepare for $matches ! xD xD xD

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Heh, well Austin and I usually don't get there until around 4:30-5:00. But we're looking forward to playing you as well. :)

Shiro Kageryu

Smash Journeyman
Austin I wanna play j00 again! Either in Smash or Guilty Gear. Work on your Ky =D

Either come to San Antonio on Dec 2nd, or go to Shin's tourny in January lol.

I'm gonna try to hit up Austin this weekend, but I'll be going there to play Slash, not Smash. srry guys =*(

AustinRC

Smash Lord
I'd love to play ya man any time I'm not busy or working out I would like to. Call me some time this weekend preferably Sunday evening k? Have a good one I cant wait to play the "new guys" on friday as well :) Oh btw call me either AustinRC, Austin or ARC :)

Shiro Kageryu

Smash Journeyman
I'd love to play ya man any time I'm not busy or working out I would like to. Call me some time this weekend preferably Sunday evening k? Have a good one I cant wait to play the "new guys" on friday as well :) Oh btw call me either AustinRC, Austin or ARC :)
lol kk. pm ur number or something. Thing is my cell phone is suspended for a while until I can get the bill for my step-father and I paid off, but i can use my house phone.

hahah, have fun "pwning" the new guys =D

ClintX10

Smash Rookie
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL =D

Austin pretty much has the best players in practically ANY game (but Crystal City has the best Smashers in TX)! One reason I want to move to Austin is because of that...and to play GG with Team Anime >,>
Yeah laugh all you want. I didn't know...I thought the best players were in...japan...or somewhere.

dcx1287

Smash Lord
Yeah laugh all you want. I didn't know...I thought the best players were in...japan...or somewhere.
Are you considering the whole world? In that case, japan does not have the best smash players. The best smash players are on the east and west coasts (U.S.)

Austin has "good" smash players but not the best.

Shiro Kageryu

Smash Journeyman
lol naw naw, I thought it was funny but I was also in one of my "zomg must be a jerk on da forum!" <3 One of my friends once told me as a john "I can't get any better because everyone around here sucks. This city has absolutely NO comepition" and he lives in Austin....so I would just laugh at him and call him a n00b :3 I'm still better than him though lol

on that note: ok ok so maybe i'm not the Worst in Texas, sheesh! *rolls eyes*

Weren't you supposed to IM me yesterday?
And weren't you supposed to mail me back my game like....I dunno so long ago o_o

but whatever dude, either mail it when you can or give it back to meh at the Super Sophia tourny =)

Shiro Kageryu

Smash Journeyman
Due to PozerWolf having car problems I doubt that I'll be able to play Slash with Team Anime....and that also means I can't go to Austin at all so I won't be able to play Smash with JF and ARC either...wah! ;_;

...I wish I had a cookie...that would heal all my wounds...

AustinRC

Smash Lord
*carries a cookie to Shiro but trips and drops the cookie on the way* ****!!!!!

Top Bottom