• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hey all! New to Smashboards

obby5

Smash Rookie
Hey all, how's it going?

Just wanted to introduce myself, I'm brand new to the community and smash brothers in general.

I just picked up a 3ds and Smash Brothers yesterday, hoping to learn the game well and possibly compete in tournaments for it

So far the characters I've played the most of are Fox and Marth, but overall I'm not a very good player and would love some insight from some of the competitve members that have any advice on how to get better at the game in general and what characters I should try and learn or get a good grasp of how to play them correctly.

Outside of smash brothers I've been very involved in the cs and halo community over the years, along with the Day of Defeat and CoD community as well. I've been playing cs and dod competitively in various leagues such as CAL, TWL, and CEVO since about 2005. And I've so had a pretty lengthy Halo career starting with going to 2 MLG halo 2 events in 2007 and about 3 Halo 3 events from 2008-2010.

I've always been interested in the smash brothers ever since I've watched some live streams on twitch and playing a couple of games with my buddies on Melee. I understand this game has a very steep learning curve it will take some time to see drastic improvement in my gameplay. But I hope I can learn from what this community has to offer and become a competitive player.

Have a good weekend all and I hope everyone is enjoying Smash bros on the 3ds!

AirFair

Marth tho
Welcome to the boards! I see you are a fox main. A good place to start for insight is the fox character discussion here:
http://smashboards.com/forums/fox.397/

Other than that, you should put your friend code up if you want so that I (and others here) can friend you and play some matches together.

Enjoy your time here, it's great to have you!

obby5

Smash Rookie
Hey so would anyone be down to play some games with me tomorrow? I'm trying to get better but I don't really have any one to play with that could coach me and help me get my skills to another level.

My friend code is 1564-4240-7337.

So I've been struggling a bit with 1 on 1s in for glory. I've been playing as mario because I've been told he's a great beginner character to learn that helps transition into learning other characters. Any advice you guys have for a complete beginner like myself?

Top Bottom