• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

He's good but...

FreakingMethodiC

Smash Journeyman
I picked bowser about a month ago from a freind b/c we played a ditto and beat him.. Meh.

I know he's good, i've been shredding scrub tourneys at my college, there are about 3 MLG players there who were good in melee. But that;s as far as my confidence goes. When MLG starts kickin up here in New York for Brawl what's the general idea about bowser in a actaul sanctioned tournement.

Is is a good idea? Or should i stick to my other characters for competive play?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Well Bowser isn't that bad if you ask me, but the top tiers seem to be more broken in Brawl than in Melee, hence why KevinM seems to have this whole idea that Bowser has harder times winning tourneys.

BadGuy

Smash Journeyman
Bowser is a lot of fun, but he's also a giant target for the projectile spammers. which sucks. Also if he gets chain grabbed, he can't escape cuz he's too big. Consider that.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Well Bowser isn't that bad if you ask me, but the top tiers seem to be more broken in Brawl than in Melee, hence why KevinM seems to have this whole idea that Bowser has harder times winning tourneys.
Finally someone who understands what I was trying to say in that thread, thanks <3.

Buuman

Smash Ace
Idk, it seems to me the game hasnt been out long enough to decide the potential of characters. Bowser is definitely not gonna be up there. But I'd say he's pretty mediocre under the tier category

Top Bottom