• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Herro Dare!

_Kun_

Smash Cadet
Hello everyone! After being a long time lurker I decide to finally join. I have some experience with Smash as I watch tournaments and do lots of Smash 4 speculation such as online research as I'm curious about the speed of the game and meta. Currenlty I am hypothesizing Smash will have a heavy ground game with an emphasis on edge guarding and teams potential so far. I have friends who play casually but I have always wanted to improve beyond that. Also when we Brawl its with no items, level 9 CPU's and legal stages ( at least all that have ever been legal as I'm not sure what the official one is ) and some banned ones just for the fun of it. I will be answering the following questions. By the way, my gamer tag I use to go by was PweeZ. That name is what I used on allisbrawl but I'm currently in the process of changing it to Kun. I would also like help choosing a main for Brawl. You can also refer to me as Kun but I had to add the underscores for account name issues. The main issue has been resolved. Now I am just looking for a character to hold me over to smash 4 as I am burnt out on Sonic, Snake, and Marth.
  • Who do you main in 64/Melee/Brawl/PM/SSB4, why?
I currently main Sonic in Brawl. I haven't played any other smash game except for a half an hour of 64. I have always wanted to try Mewtwo.

I saw my friend play as Sonic and saw that he was having a good time so I decided to pick him up.
  • Why have you joined Smashboards? Do you know anyone here?
I joined because I do not want to lurk anymore. I also want to comment, post, and improve myself as a smash player and person in general. I also want to make new connections and break out of shyness. I might know some people here but probably not. If you know me, just say HAI in a Kirby manner.
  • Do you attend tournaments? Do you want to?
I have attended one tourney. I forget the name but it was at Underground Gaming and I believe Bloodcross was hosting. There I met Cody, KC 24, and Delta and another ROB main. Sorry if I left out anyone else!

I would love to attend other tournaments too! I'm not sure if they have anything in MA thats Brawl related...
  • Talk about your interests outside of Smash Bros.! Anime, sports, other games, etc.
I like Minecraft and CoD but CoD is stale to me.
  • What other communities are you a part of? Clubs at school, other forums?
Does allisbrawl qualify? I don't do much on that site anyways ever since nintendo wifi for wii shut down. I'm not sure how dolphin or net play work or if they are same?

Choosing A Main ( Brawl )

Like I said, I currently main Sonic. Its not that I don't like Sonic, especially since I feel a little loyal towards him, but I'm not sure if he is tournament viable. I know that he can be played multiple such as baiting, aggressive pressuring, or defensive but I prefer of a mix of baiting and with emphasis pressure and little flash. My play style is rush down at the moment but I used to play defensively so I'm open to any character that is effective with a certain play style. If not, I will try to play a character the way they are not suppose to and see happens but what ever, always looking for innovation. I also play Snake and Marth from time to time and have a hard time not playing on "autopilot". But I am currently looking for a main if Sonic is not viable. Im looking for a character with K.O power but also speed. I like the concept of Metaknight as a character but I just don't like the way he plays. But if he is right for me I guess I'll get use to him… Any suggestions or advice or whatever would be appreciated as I have had this issue for a long time now…

Thanks for reading. Can't wait for what the Smash community offers, meeting new people, and making friends. SMASH 4 HYPE! I want to be the very best...

P.S - I usual train offline with level 9 CPU's but I have researched that its probably not the most effective way to train. If you could give suggestion about what you do to train or anything about offline solo Brawl
training that would be cool.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hey _Kun_, welcome to SmashBoards! Enjoy the site.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Welcome to the forums Kun!

Honestly, if you're an offensive guy, looking for a character that's tournament viable and you like Metaknight as a character, you might as well use him. Can't find a character better than him :awesome:

As far as solo training, they only thing I really do is practice tech skill. The best way to train effectively has been and always will be playing with other human opponents. Find some people in the area and get to Smashin'. It's great to build off of one another. You can use the Regional Zones forum if you'd like to look around for people in your area.

Have fun!

_Kun_

Smash Cadet
Sorry, I mean't to say I don't like Metaknight… But I like his concept as a character! I just changed that in the post.

Last edited:

_Kun_

Smash Cadet
If anyone replies about choosing a main it would mean the world to me! PweeZ and thank you!

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Based on the characters you listed, I'd honestly go with MK, Snake or Marth. The one you like and you're most comfortable with is what you should go with. All are top tier characters, though MK is clearly in a tier of his own.

(P.S. - Just a heads up, you ever want to add more to a post, just use the "Edit" feature in the bottom left corner of your post to avoid double/triple posting)

_Kun_

Smash Cadet
Based on the characters you listed, I'd honestly go with MK, Snake or Marth. The one you like and you're most comfortable with is what you should go with. All are top tier characters, though MK is clearly in a tier of his own.

(P.S. - Just a heads up, you ever want to add more to a post, just use the "Edit" feature in the bottom left corner of your post to avoid double/triple posting)
Thanks but I don't know who I will decide on yet but I will take them under consideration. Is there anyone else you could recommend besides those three?

Last edited:
Top Bottom