• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heroics - Raven Team - THE UNDERGROUND MINIBOSS

Gecklone

Smash Rookie
I arrive at square 7 and analyze the structure of the area: The rocky, uneven ground was no problem to move upon for a half-reptile and it would provide a solid natural cover in case of an incoming attack. After investigating the area thoroughly I come to the conclusion that this is not the place where a secret hideout could be: This wasn't just a rocky area - it was just the surface of a big rocky massive that lies way deep in the ground below and was not suit to build a subterranean hideout into.

On my way back to my starting point I encounter a few of my lizard friends. I take a close look in their eyes and realize that they are no more alerted than they normally are.

"The soliders ... weren't here yet", I think to myself and realize that there was no point in investigating this area any further ... when suddenly a sharp noise pierced the dry desert air.

"Gunshots ... from the north ...?"

"..."

"..."

"Sato, you fool!"

The lizards all ran southwards while I turned around to walk into the opposite direction. Halfway there I change my mind - the noise has stopped for a while and I wonder whether they already had been killed or whether they were able to fight the opponent off. Rather than blindly rushing into the battle I decide that it's better to meet up with Starker halfway between Square 4, where the battle took place and Square 8, where Starker investigated on his own and probably heard the gunfight as well. Before I changed directions from northwards to northeast I stop and think:

"Cordova ... is quite far away from here ... I wonder if he percieved the noise from such a huge distance. Perhaps it was .... a mistake to not work on adjacent squares. At this rate it's up to Mr. Starker and myself to ... clean up this mess."

Confirming to myself that it'll be easier to help our allies by teaming up with Starker and figuring out a plan with him first I change my path for the moment and head towards the northwestern end of Square 8.

NineBand

Smash Rookie
"I can't curl up into an indestructible ball if that's what you're asking!"

Maybe with some yoga lessons...

Shake my head roughly in an attempt to clear my head.

"Okay. Well we're generally safe behind this clump of rocks, though I daresay we can't stay crouched here forever. They're closing distance. You think you can zap their vehicle and fry the engine or something? Cars are electric, right? At least you could sizzle the battery or something. Hell I don't know I'm panicking here Sato! I don't even know if I can take a bloody bullet to the shell! It's probably the kind of thing I should have tested!"

Take a deep breath

"I'll wager that I could slash a hole into those tires if they came close enough. You think that might help for something?"

Very quickly glance around the corner of the rocks to scout for the vehicle: Where are the guns shooting from? How many people are we looking at? How far and how fast is the vehicle approaching? How close would it pass by the rocks, and on which side?

Sato.

Smash Rookie
Keep calm
Grab NineBand's shoulders, look him right in the eye

"Calm down, you need not worry. Listen..."

"Here's the plan;
I'll try to deactive their engine and, should they have lights, turn the inner truck lights on when they enter mid range, then when they are startled from the sudden stop and distracted by the light, I'll try to fire at the soldiers to give you enough cover to get closer. Once you're there, I'll rush to your side! Got that?"

Mhmmm... I remember the mission talking about drug cartels. Seeing as these men use simple guns, they probably aren't metahumans... I noticed it before, but why use a black jeep in the desert? They must have arranged something to avoid conflict between them and the drug cartel, based on colors.

"...If anything goes wrong, we will need to stall and hope for back up! I have not seen a signal flare yet, thus I assume the leader should be on his way. We will be okay."

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Sorry I've been out of commission this weekend! Traveling across the country. I'm back in action now.

==GM==

"HELLO, POLO!"

Aim and fire at the man who first noticed me, if he's taken out, shift my aim to the next most threatening target. Keep an eye on where they look to be aiming, don't be there. Position myself away from the driver's side of the truck.

Stay moving. Close in on the cargo they were moving.

How close are all of the known threats to the truck?
Cordova dodged the first hail of bullets thanks to a startled shooter, but the other men probably wouldn't be so careless once they got their hands on their guns. He pointed his newly acquired SMG at the man missing with his own and fired.

Roll: You roll a 5

Cordova lands his shots, clipping the firing soldier across the shoulder and arm and sending him sprawling to the ground. He turns his gun towards the other two men, who are now squaring their guns to fire back.

Soldiers Roll: 1

The soldiers miss Cordova, who is still approaching but angling himself towards the passenger side of the truck, which is facing away from him. He now cannot see the driver of the truck. He fires towards the other two soldiers again.

Roll: You roll a 2 FINALLY you don't get a perfect roll!

Cordova just sprays the ground in front the soldiers, who back off and position themselves behind the truck. Now Cordova is in a tough spot. The truck lies between him and two heavily armed guards... and he's lost sight of the driver completely. The back of the truck appears to be empty.

They're coming closer. We need to act quickly.

"Please use that shell and protect me! I've got a plan! Can you retract in your shell?"
Create a thunderclap as a way to search help.

This is now our best shot at doing this...
Try to sense if they're running on an electrical motor

OoC
Would my dash keep up with their truck when not on full strength?
Thunderclap echoes across the desert, heard in all nine squares

Supercell detects that while the motor isn't electrical exactly, there are electronic components to the vehicle.

No, your dash will not keep up with their truck unless you get a perfect roll and execute the dash perfectly.

Very quickly glance around the corner of the rocks to scout for the vehicle: Where are the guns shooting from? How many people are we looking at? How far and how fast is the vehicle approaching? How close would it pass by the rocks, and on which side?
NineBand briefly sees the black jeep barreling down on them. There are shooters leaning out of each side of the back of the jeep. Their gunshots for him back behind the rock before he can see how many of them might be in the vehicle. He could tell that its coming towards his left side and that its going to make a rather wide pass, at least 15-20 yards away from his current position as it passes.

He has to act fast.

==GM EDIT==
You notice that the ground around you is hard-packed soil and a little bit of rock. You could maybe dig for cover quickly but a full fledged trench or tunnel would be incredibly difficult.

Square 7 and 8
The echo of a thunderclap rings across the desert, alerting both Starker and Gecklone that Supercell is calling for help.

==GM EDIT #2==
Square 4, 7, 8
The faint sound of gunfire can be heard to the north.

Shane Starker

BRoomer
BRoomer
There's the gunfire again. So you dumb---es aren't dead yet after all.

Start sprinting north, leaping and vaulting easily over the jagged terrain where necessary. As I am reaching the perimeter of my square, I feel my teeth wiggle from the massive thunderclap.

Yeah yeah I'm comin'.

Something at the corner of my eye...

Instantly swing to aim pulse gun at ... Gecklone.

Hold the aim for a moment before lowering.

"You reptilian types look pretty damn sinister out in the desert."

Look up ahead to the north, trying to see the situation. More gunfire... but where am I hearing it from?

Tilt helmet up and get a swig of water from the canteen.

"So here's what I'm thinkin', Lizzy. I'm only hearin' a couple shooters right now up north. Maybe two shooters right now. So probably a squad. Two squads max. If they need help it means they got made before they could attack, like a coupla ****** moose or somethin', and now they're probably ferreted up in a tree. Well, so to speak."

Take another sip of water and then put the canteen away.

"Thing is, I keep thinkin' I'm hearin' gunfire pepperin' down from up northeast of here. And White Dynamite up there, well. He ain't big on callin' in the cavalry, from what I can figure. Cocky b------, that one. And, well, that's assumin' he even has a way to call for help and ain't just a guy with ecclectic fashion sense."

Spin pulse gun on my finger absent mindedly, listening for other hostiles and looking out into the desert.

"And I can't shake my gut on this one. Cordova's into somethin' nasty."

Turn

"You ain't got your dumb --- shot or nothin' yet, so you're doin' alright by me for now. And you can dodge bullets. And you're a damn lizard to begin with, this oughta be your element. I'm chancin' that our boys up north ain't in all that much trouble, more like they lost the positioning battle or just don't know what the hell they're doin' to begin with. Or both. So I'm gonna send you to rendez-vous with them and take it for granted you'll be all the reinforcements they'll need. Whoever they are, they probably scoped the grid out already and won't be expectin' reinforcements. Sure as hell not a killer gecko. You use some stealth and roll up in on 'em and they'll be deader 'n' s--- before they process they're gettin' attacked by a killer damn gecko."

Pause for a moment, then reach to my belt and pull a spherical object off of it. Toss it to Gecklone.

"Concussion grenade. Just squeeze the lever in, count to two and toss it; hits the enemy with a nice hefty bit o' Richter. I don't see no pockets on them scales so I'm figurin' one's about all you're gonna be able to carry with ya realistically. But yeah. This baby's one use only, and lethal as all hell. Don't be close to it if you gotta use it. Or if you do gotta be near it... get your --- behind somethin'. Somethin' BIG."

Start to turn away, then look back.

"Oh yeah... and after you use the grenade? Make sure you get the shell back at some point. They're recyclable. Charge off the suit."

"That oughta be it, I think. Don't let me down."

Slap my helmet back down.

Action: Square 3

Shane Starker

BRoomer
BRoomer
OOC: If he asks me any questions or anything, I stick around before leaving to answer them. I just wanted to expedite the process so I put my action in ahead of time.

Gecklone

Smash Rookie
Stare into the distance - northeastern direction, where the 2nd wave of gunfire has opened. Listen carefully to Starker's instructions, then turn his head towards him.

"A reasonable plan ... Unfortunately the distance between the two squares we're heading for is quite enormous ... and we don't know what ... threats ... might await us."

Turn to the wide, open desert and make hand gestures to emphasize the distance. Then turn back to Starker and continue explaining:

I haven't encountered any battles yet and if I manage to get the enemy surrounded I might not get harmed at all ... and we don't know how Mr.Cordova is doing or how many enemies you'll have to deal with. Once you've gotten rid of the enemies please stay in your position. It is safer to pass this area as a trio than a duo ... we will come to you to maximize our chances of success. If you could plan ahead our next step with Mr.Cordova in the meantime we can keep our efficiency up high and move on immediately ..."

For a moment I look a bit lost, thinking about what I just said.

"... if that is OK with you, of course. I don't want to come off like I'm giving commands to you ... but I'm concerned about your safety because you're fighting as a duo whereas we'll fight as a trio. And at least Sato has given us a sign that he is still hanging in there ... we don't know anything about Mr.Cordova's situation yet. I don't want you to do more than you can handle so please ...."

Shane Starker

BRoomer
BRoomer
Click tongue and grin.

"You gettin' sentimental on me, Bowser?"

Chuckle and scratch my nose.

"Don't worry about me. I've been doin' this s--- since you were a muck sample some scientist scraped off the top of a pond. If Cordova got himself shot he better hope it's not fatal or I might have to expedite the process to satisfy my irritation for the hit my paycheck's gonna take. I got a feelin' he's pullin' through though. For now."

"Yeah, I'll stick around up there. You drag the other numbskulls over whenever you're done savin' their dumb ---es. Good luck to ya, Lizzy."

Leaves for real heh. Still Cordova's square, obviously. Sprint the whole way to get there ASAP.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
OOC: Btw, Gheb / Gecklone (namesearch?) - Since the other two groups are locked into combat, I'm guessing you're the only person who has to update his square before we can move to the next turn. Cordova already killed one guy and wounded another and then found a point of cover, so that's probably all the combat he'll be doing on his own, or almost all of it. So I assume Nineband and Sato just have to do a little before the turn officially ends.

So yeah put in that action mannnnn

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
==GM==
Cordova is behind the jeep by a few yards. The jeep sits between you and the cave entrance. Both gun-toting soldiers have disappeared from view. The driver cannot be seen at all. The back of the jeep is empty. You have lost site of the big black box that was being hauled, but the last you saw it, it was on the left side of the jeep.

Sato and Nineband need to engage their foes a little before we move to the next turn.
====

NineBand

Smash Rookie
Look at Sato in a moment of tranquility

"You're right. Okay, they're approaching fast on the left, and they're making a wide pass of it. If we want to be daring we can try your plan, or we can stall and hope our allies heard your thunderclap. That is, assuming they haven't gotten themselves into trouble as well. Ah bloody hell! They could've had the whole ****in' desert sanctioned for all we know!"

Hearing the rumble of the jeep draw ever nearer, I realize we have to act now.

"Alright. Either I can stand with my back to the jeep and guard you as we swing around to the other side of the rocks when they pass, or we go with your plan. It's your call, but we ought to choose... now."

Sato.

Smash Rookie
"Bad news. The car does not operate on electricity."

I can either shut all their electricity off, and hope that stops their car. That, or turn it all on and hope that confuses them... I have no time.

"I'll activate all their electric devices, in the hope of startling them. Using that and your shield as cover, we will take them down."

"Stand ready, we are going as soon as I active the machinery."

Activate all electrical devices in the jeep
When NineBand advances, fire electricity at the soldiers to cover him, while keeping as much cover as possible without influencing my attack.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
hey kantrip lock in your actions jegus gorf damn it

like with bold and stuff

you have to do that. even if you just want to sheep whatever actions sato wants you to do you have to lock that in with bold, and he didn't tell you anything specific to do anyway

NineBand

Smash Rookie
"Try to zap the gunman leaning out on our side if you can! Wish me luck!"

Shufflestep quickly at a running pace when Sato activates the jeep's electricity, back facing the jeep. End up within arm's reach of the moving jeep as it drives by.

==OOC==
I'm not sure if Sato would hit the soldier. Is this a case where I assume he does or should I wait for a GM result?

Also sorry about the delay.

:phone:

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
You should put your action in and not worry about whether or not Sato hits. You can't react to whether or not his attack hits with your back turned, so you just need to act and hope for the best and not wait for me to walk you through each thing step-by-step.

==GM==
Sato activated his powers and turned... on... every electronic in the jeep.

The radio turns on in the jeep and plays nothing but static. It can't really be heard over the gunfire.

The headlights of the jeep turn on.

As Nineband dashes out backwards to absorb fire, momentarily drawing fire from the incoming jeep. His armadillo shell absorbs the first volley of bullets, causing him pain but not managing to penetrate the shell. Sato leans out from behind the rock and flings a bolt of electricity towards the jeep.

You roll: 3

Sato's shock hits the closest target, the driver of the jeep

The driver is stunned by the blast and veers the truck...

Roll: 2

The jeep careens into Nineband, knocking him hard back into the ground and towards the rock he and Sato had been using as cover. Fortunately the dense shell caused the jeep to bounce up on two wheels and careen the other direction. The two shooters bail out but the driver crashes and is rendered unconscious.

Nineband is hurt and confused from the wreck but not knocked out.
====

Turn 1 is over.
Turn 2 has begun.
Ronnie, Sato and Nineband are locked in combat and cannot move this turn.
Starker is headed to square 3
Gecklone is headed to square 4

Feel free to post as though you've arrived on the scene in its current state and start acting. Don't wait for me to give you approval to start doing something!

NineBand

Smash Rookie
Groan in pain. Worm and roll my way onto my stomach and tuck my head into my chest, wrapping my arms around it. Take a few deep breaths.

"Ahhh. That ****in' hurt, that did."

Raise my head briefly to look for the rock and Sato. Start crawling towards it.

Shane Starker

BRoomer
BRoomer
Move move move move move move move move breathe. Breathe and move.

I am NOT taking a dent on this f---in' check. Not ONE. No matter what kind of god damn ****** amateurs they shack me up with.

Spin pulse gun to load a vacuum into the gun and prepare it for a quake shot as I near Cordova's location.

Scan the field of play quickly and expertly to become aware of any visible hostiles. Appreciate Cordova's handiwork with the two downed tangos subconsciously, grin slightly, though I of course am at no point distracted. I assume I see however many soldiers remain outside of the truck and maybe the driver depending on my angle, need details on all that. But I assume at least one of them is out in the open.

There's Cordova. Still alive. In cover. Terrific. Don't die. Stay alive, brother.

Keep jogging swiftly and battle ready to a good vantage point to take a shot before moving in. Do all this before they can react to my presence, ideally moving in from the rear to take them completely unawares. Then aim down the sights of my gun, hold my breath, line up the shot just right for the center of the torso, and FIRE.

Shane Starker

BRoomer
BRoomer
In the moment after I fire my gun, I notice the likely entrance to the cave.

God damn. It worked. We found it on the first damn go. Somebody's got a horseshoe up his ---!

The Boyscout and Brainiac better have their f---in' checkbook out. We ain't gonna be long.

Put the transponder in an armored cache for items of such fragile importance and stuff. Things are about to get nasty.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
==GM==
Cordova is still currently behind the jeep, with one dead body behind him and two soldiers on the opposite side of the jeep. Starker approaches slightly from the west/left, giving him a fairly clear view of the two men aiming to kill his teammate. There does not appear to be anyone else nearby. Unfortunately circling in from the rear would take too long, given that Cordova is in a 2v1 situation with guns. Even with his lightning speed, this could end badly for him. Starker fires his pulse gun.

Roll: You roll a 4

Starker's shot rings true, even over nearly 80 yards. His pulse fire rips open the leg of the soldier on the left side of the truck. The man goes down in a heap, gripping his leg in agony. This should be a great opportunity to strike and take control of the cave but...

The roar of an engine is suddenly heard to the east. Shane looks to his left.

rata-tat-tat-tat

Rolling into the desert plain is some kind of military transport, black like the jeep, but this one has a mounted gun on the back. Bad news. The gunner is protected by a metal plated shield system. The truck is bounding towards Starker, guns blazing and the desert sands in front of him start to explode as the bullets quickly make their way towards the mark.
====

The final 2 units of Echelon strength have arrived in Square 3.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Roll to the side while spinning pulse gun, in an perfect tumble that ends with me prone, to the side of their initial aim, and aiming my own pulse gun right down the sights at them. Use the extra stability of the ground, hold breath, llead the target, and shoot, aiming for whichever of the front two tires would be easier to hit.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
==GM==
Starker executes his roll, fires and...

Roll: You roll a 2

The driver of the turret truck sees the roll and traces the incoming shot. He veers to the left and dodges Starkers pulse fire. The rocking motion of the truck causes the turret gun to swing a little wildly and rocks explode just to Starker's right where the bullets strike on their way by. The gunner needs a moment to aim his turret again, but the driver isn't slowing down and now he's angled the truck towards their allied jeep and Ronnie Cordova.
====

Gecklone

Smash Rookie
Sprint towards Square 4. Slow down upon hearing the noise of a jeep and realizing that the gunfight is somewhere rather close.

"It must be ... here"

Take a careful look at what's going on before approaching.

---
@GM: Check natural environment and number / positioning of enemy soldiers please

Sato.

Smash Rookie
Take NineBand and pull him behind the rock for cover
"Are you okay? You did great out there."

Maybe nobody heard the thunderclap. Or everyone is already engaged in combat. In either way, an immediate issue being that my partner is hurt.

"Are you wounded? Can you move everything? Do you have any regenerative properties?"
Pause for a moment, realizing I have been barraging him with questions all the time
"They will probably keep distance while walking in a circle around the rock to search us. Should they come from two sides, our odds are going to be pretty bad. Any suggestions?"

Look around, analyzing the area. Search for other cover we can take, and other oddities.

NineBand

Smash Rookie
Attempt to move all my limbs and digits to make sure I can do that.

"I think my shell took most of the barrage. Do you reckon I should try digging anywhere? I'd wager I could make a decent little hole to drop down into. Then... y'know... we drop down right when the goons catch sight of us and hope they shoot each other."

Rub my head apologetically for a moment and shrug as if to say "I've got nothing".

Shane Starker

BRoomer
BRoomer
F---.

Push up and forward into a huge sprint. Spin pulse gun.

Close just enough of the gap to make this a viable shot. Zizag erratically as HELL as I move forward. After I close about two dozen yards (including both my sprint and their own driving in our general direction), juke to the left, then throw myself to the right, tumble, come out prone once again, aim down the sights, lead target, and FIRE again. Again, for whichever front tire I could hit more easily.

Whether I hit or miss, log roll, kip up, and keep moving, still erratically as all hell.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Take a careful look at what's going on before approaching.

---
@GM: Check natural environment and number / positioning of enemy soldiers please
==GM==
Gecklone can barely make out a jeep roving through the desert up ahead. He sees the muzzle flashes from guns and then hears the shots a moment later. For a moment he thinks he can see someone moving across the desert and then suddenly the jeep rears violently up onto two wheels.

Still approaching, Gecklone can see black figures leap from the teetering jeep just before it smashes into some rocks. It doesn't seem as though the driver is moving anymore, but the other soldiers are starting to regroup as Gecklone's teammates come into view. They are going to be exposed to gunfire as soon as those soldiers get their act together and start firing.
====

There is just hard-packed dust and a few rocks between you and the battle. There is a rock ridge to your right that loops around the battle and extends around the back of it, where the jeep first appeared to your teammates.There are few small boulders for cover, but you have to act fast if you want to cross the 100 yards remaining between you and your allies.

Look around, analyzing the area. Search for other cover we can take, and other oddities.
There are a few small boulders to your right, but those back up to the rock ridge. So if you take cover there, you won't have anywhere to run but up the ridge. If you look behind you, you can see Gecklone as he comes into view across the more open plain of the desert.

Nineband is bruised up pretty badly. Imagine he was just in a car accident but survived without any broken bones or serious internal damage. He's banged up badly and will be a little slow to move. He can withstand a little more damage, but tanking anymore heavy attacks will require a difficult check.

F---.

Push up and forward into a huge sprint. Spin pulse gun.

Close just enough of the gap to make this a viable shot. Zizag erratically as HELL as I move forward. After I close about two dozen yards (including both my sprint and their own driving in our general direction), juke to the left, then throw myself to the right, tumble, come out prone once again, aim down the sights, lead target, and FIRE again. Again, for whichever front tire I could hit more easily.

Whether I hit or miss, log roll, kip up, and keep moving, still erratically as all hell.
Shane was too busy doing his erratic running to realize the gunner had turned his attention towards Ronnie, who didn't have the benefit of cover as the humvee headed his direction. Bullets ripped the desert sand apart heading in Ronnie's direction...

Shane jukes, rolls and fires...

Roll: 6

Starker's shot nails the front-right tire of the humvee, causing it to swerve hard and the gunner to miss Ronnie.

The humvee bounces a moment from the pulse fire and skids to a halt, but not before running over the wounded soldier with a sickening crunch. The armored turret goes quiet for a moment and the humvee has stopped with its front left headlight kissing the front of the parked jeep.

Shane Starker

BRoomer
BRoomer
Grin as I run.

You're welcome, White Dynamite.

Judging by the sketch you drew us, it looks like I'm about 40 yards out from the collision now. Keep sprinting forward. For as long as the gunner is distracted by the crash/etc, just sprint straight forward as fast as I can to cover as much of the distance as possible. Spin pulse gun and then holster it while I do so to activate the charging. At whatever point the gunner starts to aim at me (if at all) start moving in erratic, nonsensical patterns once again. Make it truly unpredictable. Mindgaaaames.

I'm not sure what the killzone is for my quakenades; I think it's like ten yards for the instant killzone for a regular grenade? Since I don't have a shrapnel bonus with these I'm banking on these nades having about 20 yds for the killzone and a bit more for the "oh god we went flying" factor.

With that in mind, I'm not sure what the back of the humvee is looking like, but I assume it is a mostly open back. So, just when I am coming into within a comfortable range to throw a grenade with excellent, Starkery accuracy (maybe that is already the case, I dunno), take one from my belt, click in the lever, and throw it. I want it to land RIGHT behind the humvee. That f---in' gunner is about to be mush.

If it is NOT an open or mostly open back, let me know so I can change this action.

Gecklone

Smash Rookie
Hide behind one of the boulders and swiftly leap from one rock to the other while remaining behind them to avoid beeing seen.

"This is it ..."

After creeping up close enough to the regrouped couple of soldiers that jumped out of the jeep I duck behind the closest boulder, draw the grenade Starker handed to me earlier, put in the lever and after counting to two toss it at the group of soldiers. Swiftly take a few leaps behind some of the boulders further away before the detonation.

Sato.

Smash Rookie
OoC

Gecklone is behind me but managed to sneak close to the soldiers? I don't know who has the right perspective here. Can we have an easy Paint-style map to help us?

Also, can I go for a dash, check if i "feel the energy surging through me" and react accordingly, or do i have to depend on lady luck like everyone else? : (
~~~~

Great! Reinforcements.
Turn to NineBand
Looks like he's not fit for battle.
Smile
"Hang in there, reinforcements are incoming."
Take a quick peek at the soldiers. Check their position and distance (in meters would be cool) from us.

NineBand

Smash Rookie
"They heard your thunderclap, did they? Who's come to aid us?"

Lean back against the rock and begin drawing random hieroglyphics depicting lightning bolts striking down tanks in the sand.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Sorry for the long delay everyone. I had a very busy Friday and Saturday, filled with some important family business.

Describe in detail the jeep I'm currently behind. Especially the back.
The jeep has large, all-terrain wheels and what looks like a heavy metal bumper. The back is a classic extended military jeep with a metal bed and benches so soldiers can ride along. It is covered over with a black tarp top, similar to what you might remember seeing on a jeep in a vietnam war movie. Everything is painted black. You cannot see anyone inside. You cannot see through the jeep to the front.

Grin as I run.

You're welcome, White Dynamite.

Judging by the sketch you drew us, it looks like I'm about 40 yards out from the collision now. Keep sprinting forward. For as long as the gunner is distracted by the crash/etc, just sprint straight forward as fast as I can to cover as much of the distance as possible. Spin pulse gun and then holster it while I do so to activate the charging. At whatever point the gunner starts to aim at me (if at all) start moving in erratic, nonsensical patterns once again. Make it truly unpredictable. Mindgaaaames.

I'm not sure what the killzone is for my quakenades; I think it's like ten yards for the instant killzone for a regular grenade? Since I don't have a shrapnel bonus with these I'm banking on these nades having about 20 yds for the killzone and a bit more for the "oh god we went flying" factor.

With that in mind, I'm not sure what the back of the humvee is looking like, but I assume it is a mostly open back. So, just when I am coming into within a comfortable range to throw a grenade with excellent, Starkery accuracy (maybe that is already the case, I dunno), take one from my belt, click in the lever, and throw it. I want it to land RIGHT behind the humvee. That f---in' gunner is about to be mush.

If it is NOT an open or mostly open back, let me know so I can change this action.
the humvee looks kinda like this: http://defense-update.com/images/O-GPK.jpg

but in all-black. So feel free to adjust your action before I resolve it.

Hide behind one of the boulders and swiftly leap from one rock to the other while remaining behind them to avoid beeing seen.

"This is it ..."

After creeping up close enough to the regrouped couple of soldiers that jumped out of the jeep I duck behind the closest boulder, draw the grenade Starker handed to me earlier, put in the lever and after counting to two toss it at the group of soldiers. Swiftly take a few leaps behind some of the boulders further away before the detonation.
OoC

Gecklone is behind me but managed to sneak close to the soldiers? I don't know who has the right perspective here. Can we have an easy Paint-style map to help us?

Also, can I go for a dash, check if i "feel the energy surging through me" and react accordingly, or do i have to depend on lady luck like everyone else? : (
~~~~

Great! Reinforcements.
Turn to NineBand
Looks like he's not fit for battle.
Smile
"Hang in there, reinforcements are incoming."
Take a quick peek at the soldiers. Check their position and distance (in meters would be cool) from us.

Positions: http://imgur.com/qPfD5

Here are you positions guys. Let's retool actions based on this map. I don't think Gecklone will have time to get around the back of the soldiers. They are currently facing NineBand and Sato's position. Once they get their wits about them from the crash, they are gonna attack for sure.

Shane Starker

BRoomer
BRoomer
Alright. Keep my action mostly the same, except I'm aiming to throw the nade into the gunner's spot. I guess I'll have to get a little closer since that's gotta be an accurate lob and I want chance to favor me here, but yeah. Otherwise, stays pretty much the same. Just what I'm aiming for has changed.

OOC:

After I've thrown the grenade, whatever the result, I'll put in my next action in reaction to the soldiers' reaction to my action in the next post; I need to react to what they do for it to make sense.

Did that hurt your head because it hurt mine.

Sato.

Smash Rookie
"It's Gecklone"

Turn to Gecklone
Hold my hand up at Gecklone, motion for him to go to the soldiers. Circle thunderbolts around my hand.

~~~
If Gecklone approaches the soldiers:
~~~
When the soldiers are focused on Gecklone, shoot thunderbolts to back him up. When Gecklone is close to melee range, Activate Lightning Dash -> start running towards the soldiers to join the fight. Should I get there within this all resolving, throw an electricity enhanced punch aimed at the temple.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
==GM==
Years of combat training allowed Starker the clarity to rush the crashed jeep immediately, rather than celebrate his clutch shot. As he ran, he noticed the turret start to move again, slowly, as if someone had just put their hands back to the controls. Changing directions suddenly to avoid potential incoming bullets, Starker pulls a grenade, activates it and tosses it towards the humvee.

Roll: 5

Just as the gunner gets his bearings, the grenade lands directly on top of the turret. The detonation was nearly instantaneous and the results gruesome. The gunner's body is shattered by the shockwave and the turret is bent by the concussive force. That gun will not be in operation for the duration of this battle.

The driver's side door opens up and the driver tumbles out. He is protected from direct fire by both the humvee and the jeep.

One of his ears is bleeding, probably from the shockwave inside the humvee as a result of the outside grenade. He does have his gun though and... a grenade of his own. He tosses it blindly over the jeep and...

Roll: 2

The grenade lands on top of the canvas top of the black jeep, a few yards in front of Ronnie...

Just as the grenade is thrown, the missing soldier from the original contingent pops up over the hood of the jeep with his gun blazing, firing at Starker.

Roll: 6

Starker takes multiple shots to the legs and chest. The bullets do not penetrate his armor and some of the kinetic energy is absorbed by the power collectors in the suit, but each shot feels like being punched incredibly hard. Starker dives to one side to avoid further shots, but stumbles backwards a bit too due to the hits.
====
====

Top Bottom