• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heroes of Newerth

MikeSanti

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5242-9800
Anyone currently playing the Beta?

Lots of fun. If you're playing post your ign so we can play.

ign: Gahtz

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
STOP IT RIGHT NOW
People who play HoN are people who sux at dota and subsequently suck at a game that plays just like dota and looks much prettier

I cannot play HoN because even though it's pretty and the UI is made specifically for the game everyone sucks so bad it is literally unplayable.

AfroQT

Smash Master
STOP IT RIGHT NOW
People who play HoN are people who sux at dota and subsequently suck at a game that plays just like dota and looks much prettier

I cannot play HoN because even though it's pretty and the UI is made specifically for the game everyone sucks so bad it is literally unplayable.
This almost makes sense.

You can find some pretty good people that play HoN, if you like it play it.
Also remember its only in its Beta...it'll probably be better then Dota when its finished.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
i can't play HoN because NO BROODMOTHER
i don't want to play anthropomorphic animals i want to play real giant spiders and bears wtf.

MikeSanti

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5242-9800
STOP IT RIGHT NOW

um... you do know that HoN is first mainly adding everything to be similar and balanced as dota, then going to add in their own stuff, right? Plus, it's in Beta like Afro said.

HoN isn't for people who "sux" at dota, it's just a more updated version of Dota, with some minor tweaks to mechanics (which overall is a good thing,) such as creeps finally attacking an enemy hero no matter which attack (compared to dota where the creeps continue attacking enemy creeps and THEN attack the hero.) Towers buffed, etc.

Try actually playing it, and then talk about the specifics.

MikeSanti

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5242-9800
So.... about this thread being up. Anyone playing it?

Lots of changes over the months, still playing it daily. I believe I can still invite some people and send them beta keys so, first come first serve (if I still can.)

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Yeah League of Legends is way more balanced than HoN which really doesn't have much balance to it (for the time being) Dota has a Pokemon-type Tier list if you look at it seriously. Without Ubers of course. LoL does have some crappy heros but they all have some use. Plus they have a Yeti.

MikeSanti

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5242-9800
Added "RockCrock" to my friends list, perhaps we can get some games in some time. TOO MUCH FUN.

Top Bottom