• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Media Hero Is Both Good & Bad At The Same Time

~?~

The Strangest Link Main
I said it. Hero is a gimmick. Anyways, I was invaded by hero players in my arenas a little bit ago and here are some clips o3o

DeDeDIke

Smash Apprentice
He is a gimmick indeed. So many Hero players I ran into online were HUNGRILY fishing for a forward smash crit. That thing is SO BROKEN!!! I managed to counter one and it did 103% damage to him!!! Also I notice some of them use their MP WAY TOO QUICKLY (to the point where they only had 1 MP or so), which makes for an easy KO via backthrow offstage.

Haden

If life is so fair, why do roses have thorns?
LMFAO GET THWAKD. your Link is starting to look HELLA clean tho fr fr.

~?~

The Strangest Link Main
He is a gimmick indeed. So many Hero players I ran into online were HUNGRILY fishing for a forward smash crit. That thing is SO BROKEN!!! I managed to counter one and it did 103% damage to him!!! Also I notice some of them use their MP WAY TOO QUICKLY (to the point where they only had 1 MP or so), which makes for an easy KO via backthrow offstage.
Players like Armada and Leffen are overestimating Hero and they know they are. Character is literally low tier and only good against bad players who aren't willing to abuse their advantage state in the match up. You could argue he wins heavies match ups but anyone with faster frame data, which is a huge portion of the cast, completely chokes him out to the point you're forced to roll, and we all know what happens to people who are forced to roll. I expected the broke specials but I wasn't expect such terrible frame data and even worse air mobility.
The only real argument anyone has to validate a claim that Hero is over powered is Magic Burst and Magic Burst alone. Outside of that, he has nothing other than fireballs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom