• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

here's my attempt at not making an ass of myself

rittzler

Smash Rookie
NNID
rittzler
hello.
i'm rittz, and i washed my hair specifically for this occasion.

i'm also pretty godawful at smash brothers.

nonetheless, i love the series a bunch! i can't really say i have any mains, i just kind of like to play a bunch of characters on principle and try to have fun with it. as for smash 4, my hype for the new games has been steadily building and my craving for more knowledge of the game brought me to these forums a bunch of times within the past week or so, so why not join, right?

i'm not a competitive player in the slightest, but i've really gotten into watching competitive smash recently, it's pretty sweet. the only other e-sport type thing i've been into prior was league of legends, but i haven't really touched the game in like....i guess it's getting close to a month now? jeeze.

i probably won't be posting a lot, if at all. reddit, forums, whatever it is i kinda just end up lurking and never doing much. i'd LOVE for this to be the time i break that habit! i guess we'll see, eh?
i really do want to get involved in the smash community, somehow. videos? comics? animation?( i really need to get back into flash...) announcing??? who knows

anyway, i'll catch you guys around~

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
hello.
i'm rittz, and i washed my hair specifically for this occasion.

i'm also pretty godawful at smash brothers.

nonetheless, i love the series a bunch! i can't really say i have any mains, i just kind of like to play a bunch of characters on principle and try to have fun with it. as for smash 4, my hype for the new games has been steadily building and my craving for more knowledge of the game brought me to these forums a bunch of times within the past week or so, so why not join, right?

i'm not a competitive player in the slightest, but i've really gotten into watching competitive smash recently, it's pretty sweet. the only other e-sport type thing i've been into prior was league of legends, but i haven't really touched the game in like....i guess it's getting close to a month now? jeeze.

i probably won't be posting a lot, if at all. reddit, forums, whatever it is i kinda just end up lurking and never doing much. i'd LOVE for this to be the time i break that habit! i guess we'll see, eh?
i really do want to get involved in the smash community, somehow. videos? comics? animation?( i really need to get back into flash...) announcing??? who knows

anyway, i'll catch you guys around~
Hello, rittz! It is great to have you here, even if you do not intend on posting too frequently. I was in a similar situation myself, I usually just lurked and decided that I had nothing relevant to contribute; however, the discussion was just too great to disregard. So I began to consistently post and make some friends (haha... nope, everyone here hates me).

Anyways, I am also an advocate of not maining any characters, there are about eight characters that I consider my mains. But realistically, I play the entire case effectively, most of it; that is. Are there any characters that you are particularly fond of move-set wise?

Regardless, if you want to get involved in the community. You made the first step, joining Smashboards. After that, it is up to you as to what you want to do. I honestly just spectate myself. However, if you are interested in the tournament scene, there is always that. It might not be the most ideal option if you are godawful though. :troll:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Ahhh, finding your rightful place in the community is always the fun part. Most want to be high-top lever players of course (only natural since the usual calling to this place is the love for playing Smash Bros.), but the ones that end up intriguing me the most are the handful that find themselves as TOs and announcers. I'm sure you'll eventually find your calling.

As for your lurking status, don't worry about it too much. Whenever you feel like you have something to contribute to a topic, feel free to share your thoughts. Over time, you get used to joining in on discussions and end up make establishing connections with people over time. Don't listen to Morbid, not everyone here hates him :troll:

Hope that you warm up to the community around here. Chuck Norris says to have fun too :)

F-ric

Smash Cadet
We all love the game here so it doesn't really matter what you want to do for the community as long as you're part of it.

rittzler

Smash Rookie
NNID
rittzler
thanks a bunch for the welcome guys!

Morbid: that's interesting to hear, how you changed things up so much. makes me even more curious what'll happen in my stay here...
moveset wise uh....well i'm hoping to try project m soon but i mostly play brawl for now. i suppose the ones i play most there are pit, sheik, sonic, falcon, and the star fox characters(you guys call em spacies, right?)
i guess i like faster dudes.
i never really play the heavies like bowser, dk, or dedede now that i think about it. so, yeah.

and you're right! i totally did join, it happened. i probably won't be doing anything competitively m'self, but who knows, there's a new game around the corner and a lot could happen in say, a year~

Hokori: i sure hope it'll be fun. wait, what's the not fun part then? dang
also, uh, what's a TO? i can't think of anything right now that matches up with those letters....

and yeah, i'll try to post whenever i can! you sure about Morbid though? i just met him and i already hate his guts.
nah jk

ol chuck tellin me to have fun though? guess i have no choice in the matter now. ****, activate the fun thrusters, we goin' in deep.

F-ric: duly noted friend! and welcome to you too~

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Ha ha, well, in this context, "TO" is just short for Tournament Organizer. Could mean a whole bunch of other things elsewhere :p

As for the "not-fun" part, I won't spoil that...or maybe I'm just a troll? :troll:

And you don't have to kid. Secretly, I hate Morbid's guts too. Every time I see post or like one of my posts I'm just like "Ugh, it's Morbid" :cry::troll:

rittzler

Smash Rookie
NNID
rittzler
ah, ok, makes sense.

and i guess i'll figure that out when the fun tapers off :p

Azureo

Smash Cadet
NNID
XFrostheartX
3DS FC
4940-6338-3501
Well aren't you an ***. Just kidding, really. Anyway, everyone starts somewhere, so there's really no shame in being godawful at first (firsthand experience here). And who knows, you might just stick around. Looking forward to seeing you around!~

Top Bottom