• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

here you go, SSB64 bad games thread

pdk

Smash Lord
thank kuenzel for being the inspiration for this TOTALLY RADICAL thread

here you go folks, dump all your experiences autofire/macro/code users/impersonators and/or all-round super *******s here; nobody cares if you go up against some random kirby or whatever and lose then start calling foul play though, that's just how it goes

p.s. add kof98 to your netplay rosters or i'll bust your kneecaps, everyone

DreDay

Smash Journeyman
No kof98 , kof 00 02 maybe

Ontopic : I played an autofirer in a tourny they told me not to tell anyone that they use it.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I STILL don't get how autofire helps with anything.
In Gunbound, people come up with crazy hacks...it's no fun to play them.

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
I think this should be a "bad game" video thread. Or it's not worth the spam that is sure to come.

pdk

Smash Lord
whatever works; probably 2 or 3 people will actually have a chance to provide videos of bad games that would be meaningful to other players, this thread would collect dust making it exclusively focus on that

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Hmm yesterday I 4 stocked this guy repeatedly, he called me a ***, told me I played gay and that the only reason I won was because I ''waited him'' despite dishing out massive combos and just plain owning him all around.

The worst, for me, are people who get beat then tell you that you grab too much. Getting grabbed is the problem IMO :laugh:

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
I hate when people lag spikes like theres no tomorrow, like 45ish fps lag spikes every like half a second and when I say they lag they're like "I don't feel anything" or "I can move around fine", then they beat you because it lags so bad and I say I lost because of lag and try to leave they say shiet like "ownd ownd" or w/e, pisses me off

Dash_Fox

Smash Ace
Boom: Like that Hans the Box guy who thinks he's good lol, he lags like crazy. :(

I also hate people who taunt when they're losing! GRRR that make's me mad.

Box_of_Fox

Smash Journeyman
I hate people who taunt when they're winning and then you suicide. As if you need to feel any more gratified, lol.

And yes, hanz the box lags like crazy I hate playing him. And I consider myself a lagger, my connection is great on Emul but my PJ64k has iffish FPS b/c its a lil' slow.

I think my main pet-peeve, and its basically everyone's, is lag. I honestly don't mind when someone significantly better than me beats me, hey its an opportunity to learn. But when a kirby gets away with fsmash spam b/c of missed z-cancels and techs due to lag, THAT's when I get pissed.

shoosnifr

Smash Rookie
I know what i play people there like "aw your cheating" or "ness's grab is longer then any other characters" or even "you grab to much i could beat you if you stopped" and then i win anyway or the last one "if you didnt down hit me i would have one" well isnt the point to kill them

noobs r gay

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I know what i play people there like "aw your cheating" or "ness's grab is longer then any other characters" or even "you grab to much i could beat you if you stopped" and then i win anyway or the last one "if you didnt down hit me i would have one" well isnt the point to kill them

noobs r gay
The majority of people that scrub out vs me are Ness noobs sadly. They have this philosophy

''My moves have high prioirity. Therefore you should not mindgame me and should run directly into my DJC uairs and dairs and my annoying utilt which you also shouldnt DI''

When I beat them, they tell me I, a captain falcon player grab too much. VS NESS FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.

Unfortunatly for them I have a very effective CF playstyle vs mindgamesless ness players, which is what causes all the scrubbing.

I also played one guy who camped with ness, ALL he would do was bthrow to spike and wait at the edge. Naturally I 3 stocked him every match, then I told him he should move around and have mindgames and he said "I do have mindgames, I stay at the edge, itd intimidating''

That just annoyed me so I left, I hate people that wont learn

Dash_Fox

Smash Ace
I hate people who taunt when they're winning and then you suicide. As if you need to feel any more gratified, lol.

And yes, hanz the box lags like crazy I hate playing him. And I consider myself a lagger, my connection is great on Emul but my PJ64k has iffish FPS b/c its a lil' slow.

I think my main pet-peeve, and its basically everyone's, is lag. I honestly don't mind when someone significantly better than me beats me, hey its an opportunity to learn. But when a kirby gets away with fsmash spam b/c of missed z-cancels and techs due to lag, THAT's when I get pissed.
You don't lag that bad box, I just can't play a half decent fox against you though from lag. I bet my Link can still put up a fight or my mario (mario = easy mode online :D)

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
The angriest I got on Kaillera was one time i was playin this kid, cant remember name, but I was 4 stockin him with all my mains, so I switched to luigi (my worst 1v1 by far) and he barely beat me. He starts talking trash, calls me a noob, then leaves room. I know its stupid, but man, i was pissed.

On topic with the thread, yeah I hate it when people just throw all the time with ness followed by dsmash or dair. I also hate it when kirbys suck u in, spit u over edge, and try to up+b spike u. Kirbys upb spike is the most broken move in entire game IMO, b/c at 0% = death (did I use broken in the right terms there?). I know that its pretty easy to get around it, but still, 0% death, BS.

felix45

Smash Lord
the up b spike is predictable, as is the spitting you out, if you want you can just let him spit you out at full then recover when kirby starts going down from the up b, or you can insantly jump towards kirby and get him on the rise of the up b with a bair.

its extremely predicatble and easily avoided. it has only worked on me a few times when I had first seen people start to use it.

anyways the only thing that gets me pissed EVER (I mean ever, only time I ever get mad at ssb 64 or any game) is when I play somone to one match only, it is extremely close (1 stock around 100ish percent) and then immediatley after the game call me a noob or some ****, leave, and brag in the lobby about how great they are and absolutley refuse to play another match. but generally after they refuse to play another match (its the first thing I ask when people do this) and they dont answer and continue calling me a noob I'm not mad at all and just make fun of them for declining to play.

it rarley happens so pretty much I almost never get mad. if I did I probably wouldn't play too much at all.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
This one time i played Dylan and i didn't have a grab button mapped and he owned me

Then i mapped a grab button and he owned me less

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, i realize that it is easily avoidable, but I just hate the move in general because of its 0% death factor. Yeah, I actually just hate it when people talk trash in general on kaillera. I mean, congratulations, u are better at this game (or u just got lucky) so what, shut up, relax, and lets play another match.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
the up b spike is predictable, as is the spitting you out, if you want you can just let him spit you out at full then recover when kirby starts going down from the up b, or you can insantly jump towards kirby and get him on the rise of the up b with a bair.

its extremely predicatble and easily avoided. it has only worked on me a few times when I had first seen people start to use it.
I immediatly jump out and falcon kick. It works EVERY time. Suck to up b is the worst combo ever. Kirby's dair is WAY more broken than his up b, his up b is a piece of ****, infact all his B attacks are useless except for nagging fireballs or lasers or whatnot.

Brick and sword attack are both garbage and anyone at an advanced level can get around it with extreme ease.

This one time i played Dylan and i didn't have a grab button mapped and he owned me

Then i mapped a grab button and he owned me less
haha yeah it went from 5 stock to 3 stock. Not to worry though your mindgames aren't bad at all but you don't shorthop enough, and your combos dont flow well enough yet. I was having the same problems like.. a month ago so it just takes practice.

Ill play you any time and give advice if you want :)

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
Agreed that his dair is better, I guess i used broken in the wrong sense there, I just meant that the 0% spike is complete crap. Yes, yes, I know it is easily avoidable, i never said it wasnt. I was simply complaining that a 0% spike is crap. But yeah, the dair is crap as well.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Agreed that his dair is better, I guess i used broken in the wrong sense there, I just meant that the 0% spike is complete crap. Yes, yes, I know it is easily avoidable, i never said it wasnt. I was simply complaining that a 0% spike is crap. But yeah, the dair is crap as well.
Pfft 0% spikes rule. Just don't get hit by them. Shine spike ftw!!

The thing about ssb64 is that if you play the game properly, and by that I mean at its highest level ie : malva, johnny, boom, nephiros, etc.

once you get hit by ANY attack you're dead.

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
haha, now that is true, but i can completely respect someone who does 0-death kills with combos, not just one move.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
haha, now that is true, but i can completely respect someone who does 0-death kills with combos, not just one move.
Yes, but if someone only uses one move to KO, chances are they play kirby, chances are they suck, chances are.. 5 stocked by almost anyone on the ranking board.

The trick with campers and people like that is to keep mindgaming, even though they dont move hardly at all. They all expect you to run into the attack, the trick to defeating this fairly gay and simple strategy is to LURE them. Z cancel some stuff right in their face, fast fall then double jump, make them lure their obvious move, then punish them in the lag. with DEATH.

Speaking of bad games... ever have one that haunts you?

A month ago when my falcon was fairly crappy compared to now I got 4 stocked by captain blowjob. Anytime in the channel, if captain blowjob is in the hub and some scrub tells me I grab too much, he sides with them. He tells me I play ''cheap'' and that all I do is dashdance and grab. Which USED to be true for my first few weeks but Ive found much better strategies now and new mindgames.

So today I login and he says all arrogantly ''Oh, Dylan how the f uck did you make it into PP-S?''

He didnt elaborate, but I knew he was implying I dont have the skills to be in pps, which I do, so it annoyed me.

Buuuut then I just played some games and was calmed down in like 20 secondes, I dont stay mad for very long.

And although I dont like the way he talks down to me, capt blowjob has a really good falcon, so I can respect that.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Dylan said:
haha yeah it went from 5 stock to 3 stock. Not to worry though your mindgames aren't bad at all but you don't shorthop enough, and your combos dont flow well enough yet. I was having the same problems like.. a month ago so it just takes practice.

Ill play you any time and give advice if you want
I can say you never five stocked me, so it went from four to two hah thats much better >_>

I don't know how to shorthop on my keyboard yet, but that was only my third day hah

But i will take that practice session anytime.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I can say you never five stocked me, so it went from four to two hah thats much better >_>

I don't know how to shorthop on my keyboard yet, but that was only my third day hah

But i will take that practice session anytime.
Sorry, whatever it doesnt matter. You didnt have a grab button, the match is void :p

No johns, but seriously, you need a grab button :laugh:

Meh I just played capt blowjob and I think its more of an act, in game he doesnt diss me so much and gives me good advice. I took him down to 1 stock in a falcon ditto too so at least I proved that I have new tactics to my game because I had to really work for those kills.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Haha no i don't John, that first match you just flat out outplayed me, no but seriously play some more with me, i may be back on later :)

Volrec

Smash Lord
K. Mudkipz doesn't have any complaints, except for gimpy marios. They piss me off so freaking bad.

oh, and Masterlinkx. He never plays anyone besides Quickman. And my boy Shadowmario never plays. D:

MH/CH sucks.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
K. Mudkipz doesn't have any complaints, except for gimpy marios. They piss me off so freaking bad.

oh, and Masterlinkx. He never plays anyone besides Quickman. And my boy Shadowmario never plays. D:

MH/CH sucks.
Pardon my asking but what's a ''gimpy'' mario?

Newb marios I tend to own. The only character played noob style that can beat me is ness. I sometimes get impatient and charge him too quickly.. christ every move of his is so **** high priority, without luring/mindgames falcon stands NO chance vs Ness move for move, you have to exploit his lag and whatnot and then become freakishly agressive once you hit him...

At least ness is really really easy to edgeguard.

metaknight007

Smash Cadet
At least ness is really really easy to edgeguard. dylan
not if you can sweetspot the edge like i can. but i admit for MOSTpeople ness is easy to edgeguard, but not all

if ness' recovery is used correctly it is quite hard to edgeguard him. but if you land on the stage and dont sweetspot the edge correctly his lag time is huge

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
not if you can sweetspot the edge like i can. but i admit for MOSTpeople ness is easy to edgeguard, but not all

if ness' recovery is used correctly it is quite hard to edgeguard him. but if you land on the stage and dont sweetspot the edge correctly his lag time is huge
I doubt you can sweetspot it everytime. If you go horizontally, you have a big chance of faceplanting the wall and dying.

If you rise from the bottom of the stage, a dash attack from falcon works 100% of the time if timed properly.

There must be a way to perfect sweetspot both horizontal and verticle recovery with ness but I dont see anyone doing it consistently.

This intrigues me though, look me up on kaillera I want a match vs a competent ness. Itll help me 4 stock newb ness' with greater ease.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Dylan do you use fsmash and usmash enough vs ness? =P its such **** ^__^

Cause they think they have priority but it ain't nothing against the falcon usmash gheyness w00t
Hell yeah. I use that move more than a hooker uses her mouth on a busy night.

Fsmash not so much. Unless I know itll connect. I dont like the lag time.

cmasterchoe

Smash Journeyman
i fsmash samus balls outta the park!!!! but seriously playin noob nesses can be deadly. every now and then i'll be messin around and try to catch them on the edgeguard and BAM dair-ed to oblivion.... stupid ness feet...

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
F-smash works well against Ness at high damage as a finisher. Esp. if the Ness thinks he's untouchable because he's spamming DJC-ed aerials right in front of you. Falcon kicks work well against a groundhogging Ness as well.

Top Bottom