• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Here is some tips when facing Fox.

silentwanderer8

Smash Cadet
I know I have been acting like a ***** lately, but I'm here to give out some advice on Link. :p

When Fox uses firefox (Up B) from far away off the stage, ready to recover, make sure your kinda far away from him, but have enough space, so that if you miss the hookshot to the face, you have enough time to (Down A) or (Left or Right B), boomerang.

Have good timing, and short hop and press Z to hit the fox. Since fox is a fast faller, he can fall easily. Which would give you enough time to get a bomb ready, if he recovers.

Hope I helped. :)
Oh, and sorry if I didn't use good logic, I sort of typed it really quick. :p

silentwanderer8

Smash Cadet
also

One more thing.

This is something cool you can do to the top tiers, and fast characters.

When somebody is wavedashing wildly, take cover and draw a bomb.

Try to jump over them, and release it with (Z), and the bomb would slowly fall.

That would give you a chance to release the boomerang, or follow it by a (Air+Down A).

Shack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShackShack
3DS FC
1392-5021-7831
Hitting fox with the an air chain would stop him for a sec and he will juse up B again, y not just hit him back out with a stronger move that might kill him?

and most ppl will attack u if u jump over them leading to a juggle or KO, especially if its a fox.

But i guess what u said can be used at times, but def not a lot in more advanced play.

Skler

Smash Master
Sorry, but that isn't good advice and it doesn't make sense that you made a new thread. We have 2 threads about character matchups, post on one of them. Also, aerial hookshot is not a good edgeguard, or anything for that matter.

NekoNoBaka13

Smash Rookie
Totally agree.

Aerial hookshot really isn't effective. UpB is probably the most effective, or dtilt or ftilt if they're going for the edge.

I often like to nair off the edge though. It works great for me, and most of my opponents are familiar with, if not masters of, advanced play. It's really great if you can dink foxes/falcos while they're charging the upB, and still works even if they start rocketing towards you. You both take a hit, but often they'll die from it. Depends on the dmg and situation though. It sometimes hits them out of the ForwardB, sometimes just cancels out, but if its SHFFLed quickly, you can get them even if it cancels out.

Can't use it on Marths though. His UpB has too much range.

It murders Falcons.

I don't see a lot of pros using it. What do you guys think? Is Nair off the ledge a good edgeguard?

Top Bottom