• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Here i sit, all broken hearted

HaXiR

Smash Rookie
PLAYING SSBB online... ive loved these games since N64.. and now i got my new copy of brawl so i can play my friends online, i was SO excited. I get home, set it all up, start playing my friend, and why am i so sad? because this lag that makes all the buttons i push work a lil bit after i push it. No matter what we did, the lag was sure to follow. I was hear broken. I really hope nintendo decides to fix this crap. maybe they need to have somthing like xbox live, at there if u have a good connection, you wont lag. sigh, if only...

Sethisto

Smash Rookie
Welcome to 90% of smash players world, and the 10% that lie and say theirs is flawless, or just don't know any better. Nintendo has commented on the general lag, but that could be the case of people not finding anyone on their terrible 4 player ffa blind fold matches. They have yet to say anything about input delays specifically.

Theres a million "fixes" out there, just like theres a million cures for the hiccups. Have fun trying all of them! I know I have.

HaXiR

Smash Rookie
i wont bother, ill just play solo and with friends that come over.. Ill look into the whole internet thing again if i see it may have changed. Until then, screw online play

1crazyboy7

Smash Rookie
You know what makes it even worse. Medal of honor heroes 2, which I play with 32 other people online almost NEVER lags on the wii, but this 4 player online game does, playing people LITERALLY IN MY STREET, and we both have really good connections(i have 5 mb/s, verizon ftw)

ShengNu

Smash Apprentice
ok well I dunno what to say I don't lie and say its been flawless I have experienced the lag a few times but on the most part I get none I play with my friends just fine..

Mama

Smash Ace
To help your lag you should (if you're using a router) go to your router's fire wall settings and turn it off for your Wii. You can also do some port changes but I'm not sure how to do that yet lol.

When I play with my friends who live nearby (a few miles away maybe 5 or 10) I have almost no lag because they've also changed some of their settings. Lag can be minimized to almost nothing for people who live within 600 miles I believe but I don't think you can play truly lag free matches. One thing I really hate though is playing "with anyone" and having some guy come in with a crap connection and slow everything down.

Maku

Smash Apprentice
Yeah man i know what your talking about.
I just simply adapted to the lag...
The lag does piss me off sometimes because i know i could have reacted faster than it shows.
All we can do is pray for Nintendo to fix this crap..

Mama

Smash Ace
Yeah man i know what your talking about.
I just simply adapted to the lag...
The lag does piss me off sometimes because i know i could have reacted faster than it shows.
All we can do is pray for Nintendo to fix this crap..
Hopefully they make some dedicated Brawl servers and change how players connect. That would be nice.

Also I added you Maku, wanna add me? We could play sometime and see how the lag is lol.

Maku

Smash Apprentice
Hopefully they make some dedicated Brawl servers and change how players connect. That would be nice.

Also I added you Maku, wanna add me? We could play sometime and see how the lag is lol.
Yeah no kidding i sent you a PM.
Sure ill be up for some games..
Let's hope we aren't lagging like crazy though..
btw, i think they should make dedicated Brawl servers...
Since you know Brawl is like Nintendo's #1 game right now.
Makes sense, no..?

Mama

Smash Ace
Yeah no kidding i sent you a PM.
Sure ill be up for some games..
Let's hope we aren't lagging like crazy though..
btw, i think they should make dedicated Brawl servers...
Since you know Brawl is like Nintendo's #1 game right now.
Makes sense, no..?
Lol its hard adapting to this lag. But it doesn't seem too terrible.

Btw CTOON = My brother.

Fury1994

Smash Rookie
The lag in the Brawl Wi-Fi is quite bad when it comes to trying to use PK Thunder (You can't even control it right so you can't recover.) But I have seen worse lag on different Wii Games. It just ticks me off on when I play a game like Mario Strikers Charged, or some of the other Wi-Fi compatible games, the Wi-Fi is perfection. Ah well, it is likely that Nintendo is fixing the lag as we speak.

J0K3R

Smash Journeyman
The lag in the Brawl Wi-Fi is quite bad when it comes to trying to use PK Thunder (You can't even control it right so you can't recover.) But I have seen worse lag on different Wii Games. It just ticks me off on when I play a game like Mario Strikers Charged, or some of the other Wi-Fi compatible games, the Wi-Fi is perfection. Ah well, it is likely that Nintendo is fixing the lag as we speak.
They are not fixing anything. They are most likely moving onto something new.

Top Bottom