• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Here I Come!" - Fox Approaches?

Sodapopped

Smash Rookie
NNID
Kobra_7
As I've recently decided to start playing fox, I've not that I struggle to mix up approaches. If there's already a thread on this, I'd love to be redirected and I'll remove this (or not to help others searching).

-99% of my approaches are short hop nairs because I know it can set up an easy shine.
-I sometimes attempt short hop shine, but usually whiff.
-I know running shine is an option, but I struggle with this. Any advice on when/how to use this?
-Sometimes I run in, stop, and f-smash, which is awful, I know.

Other than that I can't think of much more than I use other than useless short hop single lasers.
Thanks for the help. If this thread is already answered elsewhere I'd love a link to the post.

S2rulL

Smash Journeyman
There's a great series Lucky made on the SSBM Tutorials channel, which talks in part about a load of different options you can use to approach as Fox, and if you're looking to setup like a grab, wavedash down is a pretty solid option https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojnkaPiyfRg

Really, it's just about finding options you can mixup to just go in. Sometimes you don't even really need to, and you can sit back and wait to react to your opponents options. I'd say watch through Lucky's vids.

YellowTorpedo

Smash Rookie
Don't "stop" your run, it's a lot more efficient to crouch since you can act out of that animation in only a couple frames. I think that might be why you're having trouble with running shine, you need to crouch to cancel the run animation before you can shine.

Top Bottom