• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Her up-b & down-b being tethers

himemiya

Smash Lord
Whats your thought of it?

Personally I hate up-b tethers because It should go back to being a aerial z move were belong plus its still stupid even if you can grab the ledge if someone else already did. Plus wtf is up with side b tether in environment.

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
well one of the tethers gives her good vertical range, and the other gives her good horrizontal range. She actually has a great recovery when factoring in her down b and her long reaching tethers. I dont see any problem with it, as her side b has a lot of use in general anyways, she wouldnt really benefit from a zair when her side b already functions equally as well as that would. it would just be a largely redundant move. Plus, im not sure if they know how to give people tethers in terms of coding that are zairs. ive heard theyre pretty glitchy.

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
up-b as a tether isn't bad for ZSS since it doesn't send her into special fall. It being a tether, spike attack, and a jump booster gives it many uses. I hope they don't change it. well i hope they do one thing to it. basicaly I want the option to snap to the ledge or not by holding down so i can hang from the ledge drop down and up b spike certain recoveries.

she should be able to z tether though even if it is just a recycled side b animation. Like L+A in the air makes her do her side b.

you can't "grab" the ledge when someone is on it. you can tether hang. the tether works pretty much the same way as it would in melee except the tethers snap to the ledge and not walls. The tether hang styles actually look pretty identicle, especially when you tether a wall near the ledge in melee even when somone is already on the ledge.

I think the problem with side b is they gave it so much start up time and she falls so fast that it just throws off the ideal timing of grabing the ledge with it.

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
i agree i always self destruct whenever i try to use side b. i was so used to the timing for vbrawl where her tether went like 5000 ft to grab the ledge.. lol.

\Apples

Smash Journeyman
Well, I hate Zairs. C-stick input is messed up and aerials out of shield even with the C-stick cause Link and Tink to Zair all the time on accident. I more than prefer UpB tether over Zair.

Only advantage Zair has over UpB for a tether is that Zair you can use out of an airdodge which has niche uses.
[hr]
What REALLY kills me is that in order to recover efficiently, ZSS needs to DownB first, then jump, then UpB or SideB. The problem with this is that you cannot meteor cancel with DownB... at least, I haven't been able to. She's kind of the easiest character to edgeguard in the game by a decent margin.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Just saying, being able to air dodge a tether does not have 'niche uses'. It allows you to control the height at which your tether hits. For example it's a lot quicker to just do jump -> instant air dodge -> zair to hit low opponents. It also gives you more options since you can choose to retreat/approach while zairing.

Also, being able to actively control when to use your invincibility frames for recovering with tethers goes a long way to defending against run off -> lingering aerial hitbox edgeguards.

Top Bottom