• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Her Majesty: Sheik Combo Tutorial (Episode 2)

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Sheik is a powerful force in the Smash 4 metagame and her gameplay is being explored very quickly because of this. 4G Gaming previously released a video showing off many of Sheik's combos and have released another showcasing what needles can add to her combo game. Give it a watch and increase that knowledge of Smash!

SmashCapps wants to give a special shoutout to cosplayer Mishelly and photographer Fiathriel for the excellent picture featured in this article! To keep up with all things Smash be sure to follow @SmashCapps on Twitter.

_Tree

The no-more hero
NNID
DekuBaba
3DS FC
1891-1276-1936
For all the people dissapointed with the fact that this is another Sheik tutorial...I don't think Capps discriminates between characters. Clearly the only stuff that gets a front page posting is content that is helpful to the community, deepens aspects of the game and/or is of a suitable production standard. 4G Gaming's videos adhere to all three of the aforementioned points, so I think the video post here is warranted, regardless of character focus. If you want to see more character variation, send videos of similar standard to Capps, or produce them yourself.

Zelbur

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zelbur
For all the people dissapointed with the fact that this is another Sheik tutorial...I don't think Capps discriminates between characters. Clearly the only stuff that gets a front page posting is content that is helpful to the community, deepens aspects of the game and/or is of a suitable production standard. 4G Gaming's videos adhere to all three of the aforementioned points, so I think the video post here is warranted, regardless of character focus. If you want to see more character variation, send videos of similar standard to Capps, or produce them yourself.
Yeah, I'm surprised a video like this is getting hate.... It was well done. I personally enjoyed the video. I understand that it might be annoying to get more than one Shiek video, but if you want something else, why don't you suggest other good videos to SmashCapps? ;)

ZeroBlindDragon

Smash Apprentice
The thing is... Sheik is currently the best character in the game. If you need help, there are tons of matches featuring her on Youtube. Does she really deserve a tutorial?

Last edited:

ZomBiehn

Semi-Pro
NNID
ZomBiehnU
3DS FC
3153-5961-0908
Don't play shiek, nor do I care to pick her up at the moment, but I can't say those combos weren't F%$#€ insane

_Tree

The no-more hero
NNID
DekuBaba
3DS FC
1891-1276-1936
The thing is... Sheik is currently the best character in the game. If you need help, there are tons of matches featuring her on Youtube. Does she really deserve a tutorial?
Quality content or opportunities to teach creative play shouldn't be shunted just because they pertain to a certain character. Furthermore, this video focuses on a certain technique that can't be learnt easily through simply watching tournament sets (I don't think anyone outside of VoiD has considered employing the tech in tournament, hence the name). If DACUS was still in the game, with it's initially complex input, would you simply point people to tournament sets where it's used if they wanted to learn it? Doesn't sound like a great idea to me.

Sheik seems to be the most active character in terms of content being created anyway. I'm sure Capps would post much more Charizard or Olimar tech tutorials if just as many were being made.

ZeroBlindDragon

Smash Apprentice
@ _Tree _Tree : I don't have any objection to what you replied to me.

However, I can't help but feel there is discrimination regarding the rest of the cast because several combo videos have been created for them but they've never been posted here. Is it because they're more entertaining than informative? Still, it is a bummer.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
@ _Tree _Tree : I don't have any objection to what you replied to me.

However, I can't help but feel there is discrimination regarding the rest of the cast because several combo videos have been created for them but they've never been posted here. Is it because they're more entertaining than informative? Still, it is a bummer.
Well, I don't know everything being put out sadly. A lot of stuff posted here is sent to me directly or IO catch being shared a lot. If there's other good tutorial videos out there for any character that are recent I would LOVE to feature them!

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
The combos only work when you say the word "VOID"

*Void*

*void*

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360
My dilemma of being a LoZ fan is I feel like a tier ***** when I do For Glory Shiek runs and produce winning streaks that go a lot longer with her than my Link, Toon or Zelda.

I have been using needles as combo starters. Never thought to use them as combo extenders or resets. Those where some pretty cool combos and pretty useful information.

Seems like Shiek has been top tier for a long time now...

Antrolos

Smash Rookie
NNID
AHD_Antrolos
...Does she really deserve a tutorial?
Yes, of course finding new combos is great. Her incredible setups are parts of why she is currently the best. But I can understand why you're saying this. (Safest spacing tool ingame, best projectile ingame, incredible speed, very good at damaging the enemy etc.) I stopped maining Sheik because of her just being unfair.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Nice cosplay there, except Sheik isn't really white.

Top Bottom