• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HELPP IC approachin helppp

BC AL

Smash Journeyman
kk i no to approach, u wud need mindgames...can som1 tell me wut moves u wud need to approach n som follow ups after u hav done teh move? i hear nair is good but has horrible priority, n fair has a huge startup time,...som1 help plzzz?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ok like chek dis out

dere is lots of ways to approch with ise climber cuz like they have rly gud wavedash wich make them able to approch with gr8 speed and strenth esp. with their grab and smash

what u du when u paproch u just wd toward opponent and slam c-sticK! this is great effectivity of strength and sped cuz there is moments ur opponent will never shild attack

also there is way to approch wit wd and jabbing cuz like if u jab sometime opponent will b hit and it set up grab for u where u can use CHAIN GRABBING and DEATHS!!

dat is my davice for u i hope it rly help in your ise climber game cuz dey r rly good charactre

Binx

Smash Master
Grr wish I had thought of that when I saw this post, I just chose to ignore it completely rather than take advantage of the hillarity that could have insued.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
ok like chek dis out

dere is lots of ways to approch with ise climber cuz like they have rly gud wavedash wich make them able to approch with gr8 speed and strenth esp. with their grab and smash

what u du when u paproch u just wd toward opponent and slam c-sticK! this is great effectivity of strength and sped cuz there is moments ur opponent will never shild attack

also there is way to approch wit wd and jabbing cuz like if u jab sometime opponent will b hit and it set up grab for u where u can use CHAIN GRABBING and DEATHS!!

dat is my davice for u i hope it rly help in your ise climber game cuz dey r rly good charactre
I dunno whether to call you a douche for making fun of him. Or a nice guy for helping him. XD Good ****.

Retroking2000

Smash Master
I am a Marth player so my advice stinks

Actually approaches are pretty easy with ice climbers. Just wavedash into your smashes and grabs, dash attack, Ice Block Chaser to get people shield and then you can grab easily. And use some mindgames to get your oppenent where you want them to be and to confuse them.

as for Me I like use the blizzard desynch at times because it has a little bit of anti-air to it.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i am not mking fun of his typin style i am serious guys it is good way to approch dont u bliv me?

BC AL

Smash Journeyman
fine w.e i ll use proper english haha
ok what about against swordsmans? they ve got these huge *** reach that makes jabbing kinda useless...especially marths...-_- & i really dont think that wavesmashing will cause some good followups since all you can do is tech chase after that..

Binx

Smash Master
Against Marth I like to lose really fast so I can pick Shiek, against Roy I like to win really fast so he can pick Peach.

Seriously though, Roy is garbage you can CC his aerials into grabs and he is much laggier and has to play a more risky closer game vs ICs, against a solid Marth with good spacing its very hard to land a hit, I notice that I use a lot more rolls in this match up and I probably shouldnt, if you manage to land a grab do your best to put him in the air so you have a priority advantage, level with and above Marth he has a lot more reach than you and thus a larger priority, when you are below him he doesn't have many options, I like to dash dance a lot and if the Marth messes up his spacing or timing you can go for a grab, also you can shield plenty against Marth just wait for oportunities to have the other IC shield grab him if he grabs, you can't really go towards Marth safely, but he can't really approach you safely either, when either is still the other cant effectively approah, if the Marth DIs towards you with Fairs you can dash dance grab. If he is stationary or moves away you can't do anything about it. If you block a DIed towards you fair he has two choice double jump or fair again, if he fairs again you should have time to grab him, if he double jumps you can short hop a uair unless he jumps away from you, if he does that you can gain some ground but it isn't really safe to go within his sword reach unless he is in lag.

the CRAB

Smash Cadet
this isnt really an approach, but a good way to stop them when they're shffl'ing towards you is using the desync'd blizzard, and unless they're at a high percentage, it sets up for a pretty easy grab. i use a lot of ice block chasing for my approach, tho.

Binx

Smash Master
Ice Blocks are horrible against marth because he can easily and safely jump over them forward tilt them or forward smash through them and hit you.

the CRAB

Smash Cadet
true by all means, but if you can stagger them out properly from the air, it seems to help. at least on my end, i feel it's safer than wd'ing around near tipper distance, bc god knows nair isnt going to help. granted, i'm open to suggestion.

BC AL

Smash Journeyman
omg thanks every1! i cant believe i forgot about crouch cancelin...this will improve my game alot now that i got advice some pros, thanks

Top Bottom