• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help

quietmuse

Smash Cadet
My main is fox and i need help
i want YL to be my alt and im pretty bad
can any 1 help me and like write a guide to playing him?

Jash

Smash Lord
Patience, Mind Games, Bomb Games*Projectile Games*, Mastery of Young Links L Cancel, Speed, And great edge guarding. You also have to have a great sense of combos with him to scare the opponent. Not much info i can give you *not very good with guides* but thats all the stuff i use to win.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Yeah, it would be even cooler if someone actually completed one too :p.
Hey now... This supposed guide you speak of was actually completed until the creator decided to go back and start cross-examining character matchups. Be patient, young padawan. ^_^

Chip.

you know what to do
PADAWAN! Now that's insulting! I honestly don't need a guide :/. My Young link skills are already good enough. (note: Shouldn't this 'creator' think about adding a bit more in-depth to the charachter matchup section? It would be nice to provide a little more info compared to some other of the different charachter guides.)

We should have a ditto when you get back to Washington in April. My brother and I look forward to playing you.

Congrats on getting married! :)

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Perhaps this 'creator' is still in the process of writing that part of the guide... It's a very delicate process (especially the Fox/Falco sections). Also, if anyone has hopes of a move/damage table, shoot me now. Two assistants surrendered due to the monstrosity of that task. >_<

Chip.

you know what to do
Well if this 'creator' was dedicated enough to ACTUALLY add these specific details(i.e. move/damage table) then this 'creator' would have a much more succesful guide. Knowledge is power. and people want this knowledge so they can do better with Young Link and get a better feel for him. It would also be a lot better if this creator added what levels that Young Link excell on and what stages he does well against which charachters and vice-versa. It's not a bad guide, but it's not impressive in the likes of other charachter guides.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
OK, enough of the 'creator' stuff... It's getting too hard to think. :laugh:

Chip, I have received major props for not making my guide like other guides. I'm sorry if you feel otherwise, but people have thanked me time and time again for making a guide that tells you how to actually play Young Link. The other guides are quite uninformative: "Move X. I use this move for this situation. Move Y. I don't use this move ever. Move Z. This move should only be used at this special time." My guide actually describes a kind of timeline of battle. It helps players understand the flow of combat and how to handle certain situations. Your words suggest that you're either a Young Link pro or you don't quite understand the way my guide works. Anyone can create a move/damage table. That doesn't take a Young Link player to compile that data (hence my desire to have someone else do it for me). I felt that a character matchup guide would help because I need to describe how to address specific situations. I'm a bit slow at doing it, but I am working on it in order to make it the best I possibly can.

And thanx for the congrats. Being married is 73h pwnz0rz!!1!

Chip.

you know what to do
Yeah, the 'creator' stuff was getting kind've childish.

All right, you've explained yourself and your right you have recieved a lot of compliments. I guess I don't benefit from it as apposed to some other people do. But, your guide still seems to be effective in helping other people so keep up the good work. And your wrong, I'm neither pro(who knows) but I do understand the goal/purpose your getting at with your guide and I do know what I'm talking about. In hopes that someday I may go pro; I'll post vids soon of my Young Link, so then you can make a decison.

No srrsly Quitmuse, check out Buzz's guide.

Top Bottom