• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help

KoopaTheTroopa

Smash Rookie
Yo, I need support. I just got four stocked by my big bro and don't want to be all sad so, like, me please support! It will make me feel better about myself...I main Mario and Bowser in Melee

Fortune

Smash Journeyman
Just because you lost, don't feel bad. Really. It's not all that important. I used to play smash with my [little] brother all the time, but we stopped for a long time because I would always beat him. As the older brother, it made me sad I couldn't play vs my little brother anymore.

If he's older than you, he basically has an unfair advantage. You will have to practice more and try really hard to be better than him or as good as him. But really, as brothers I think it's more important to just have fun together. Maybe ask if he wants to do 2v2 vs computers or 2v1 to practice some team combos vs a computer.

hyperglitter

Smash Rookie
It sounds weird but having a partner so much better than you is the best thing you could ever hope for practice-wise. You may have to get beat by him for a while but that's what will really improve your skills, especially versus his playstyle. Don't be afraid to look up new strategies or try out new characters too.

Last edited:

wingedarcher7

The PSI Powerhouse
NNID
speedstar623
3DS FC
3411-2028-1159
Don't let something like this get to you. We all face losses at some point. Various games are closer than others and those games could be against relatives, friends, or strangers. You just have to learn from it and practice to get better and be able to beat him in the future, that's all.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
losses are an inevitable step to gaining victory

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
Actually, this is a great opportunity. You have a rival who's better than you whom you can play against almost any time. Practicing against him and learning to punish his habits will take you far. Most of us would kill to have such a readily available practice partner. Personally, I think after beating my little bro so much, he got motivated to learn, and now he's improving fast.

Top Bottom