• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

help?

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
It just feels to me like your Falcon doesn't flow as well as it should. . .I'm not quite sure what it is. Maybe you're not applying enough pressure in terms of approaching/techchasing? It certainly felt that way in the GaW match. You played a little bit too carefully, and gave GaW too much freedom of movement. Although I can understand your caution, given his ridiculous priority.

Getting to know your knee combos is important. There were times when you were trying to combo into the knee when it clearly would have never worked. . .heck, the GaW was a 140%. You can't combo into the knee at that point, and quite frankly, you don't need it. At that point, a simple u-air will do the trick. . .even if he DIs, just edgeguard.

Also, try to DI/tech Flaco's drillshine combos. It's actually relatively easy to DI out of the Shine as long as you know its coming, and you can tech the drill should you land before he does. DI is extremely key in that matchup.

I dunno. . .technically, your Falcon is fine, since all the elements are there. You just need to get more familiar with the matchup--at what percent can you start your knee combos, and such. Aside from that, the only problem I see is that you're not applying enough pressure, which is something that Falcon really excels at.

irealyhatepozers

Smash Journeyman
alright thanks. i have trouble against nonfloaty characters cuz i only play against marth,ganon and sheik. and i play against bad foxs, so i don't have much practice against the likes of a good falco. and i don't play against GW too often either so i didn't know what i could/could not do. and i do have trouble teching out of things cuz i'm not used to the dairs and such. but thanks for the help. i'll keep practicing

oh and to rage, yes i am serious. he's friends with him and plays with him often and beats him half the time.

irealyhatepozers

Smash Journeyman
he didn't play that well against me, that was the first game he played when he got there so he wasn't warmed or anything.

Top Bottom