• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help With Yoshi Eggs?

eyeheartlovetap

Smash Cadet
NNID
Eyeheart
3DS FC
0774-4528-2318
I am actually serious. I can't get them to go straight up or anywhere near straight up. I can kind of angle them upwards though. I can't hit anybody on a platform above me with eggs though.

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
Yoshi always throws the eggs upwards, but you can change the angle with the control stick. Also, depending on how long you hold B before the throw, he'll throw them further and faster. If you want to throw the eggs higher up, you have to angle them slightly behind you and hold B until the throw. It's very hard to angle them exactly straight above you but getting around there should suffice since the eggs are pretty large.

You can't throw eggs downwards, but if you want them to go as low as possible for edgeguarding (ex. underneath the stage), simply let go of B after performing the move and Yoshi won't throw the egg very high, allowing it to drop far before exploding.

Last edited:

eyeheartlovetap

Smash Cadet
NNID
Eyeheart
3DS FC
0774-4528-2318
Yeah I didn't mean straight down, but thanks. And yes, if I just positioned myself a little bit to the left or right, I'd be fine. I just wanted to know so I would know just in case. And I know how to throw them farther and faster, and at different angles. I just didn't know how to throw them downward to edge guard, and I saw aMSa throw an egg straight up and I was baffled. Thanks for the help. :D

Top Bottom