• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help with the Toon matchup?

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
So I felt like I was pretty good with Sonic destroying my friend in multiple MUs...until he pulled out Tink. I thought the MU would be a free win for Sonic since I hadnt fought a good Tink yet. But this Tink KNEW what he was doing, mostly spacing with projectiles and I couldnt get in and do any considerable damage so I had to switch to Pac to take care of him.

The only thing I can think of that might work is using Sonics spin shot charge jumping to try and avoid the projectiles as much as possible to then get a safe entrance when I get close enough and get a good combo in.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
If you dodge the boomerang and he's got his bow out, you'll have a chance for a quick homing attack. Then quickly rush him into submission while you have the chance. If you know beforehand he'll throw his boomerang upwards, try using Spin Charge to get underneath it and attack immediatly. Also, if I recall correctly from Brawl, a well-timed Usmash can completely negate Tink's Dair because of it's invincibility frames.

Honestly, I haven't had much experience as Sonic versus a good Toon Link, but those things came to mind.

Top Bottom