• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help with Simple J please...

Tomkraven

Smash Journeyman
I need to make a game for college... but im totally lost... its something like a character being chased by monsters... you need to kill the bad monsters and catch the good monsters and if a bad monster touches you, you die...

if anyone has any idea how to do this in Simple J please help meee!

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I need to make a game for college... but im totally lost... its something like a character being chased by monsters... you need to kill the bad monsters and catch the good monsters and if a bad monster touches you, you die...

if anyone has any idea how to do this in Simple J please help meee!
Sounds an awful lot like Pacman.

I wrote a pacman game in my programming class in college, but that was back in QBasic. I don't know Simple J, but you should start by designing your main game loop, with calls to a few functions that get a keyboard input, update position variables, and redraw the screen.

Top Bottom