• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help with Rii CSP NTSC

Torpid

Smash Rookie
I've been trying to solve this mystery without posting on a forum but I'm at the ends of my rope. I merely want to change 1 character portrait on the selection screen but have been unsuccessful. All my attempts come across the recurring result of the wii freezing and holding a beep upon transitioning to the character select screen.

One issue I may have is that when I originally modded brawl I was using Gecko but have since converted to Riivolution. Perhaps, though unlikely, there is a file remaining on my sd card that is causing the problem.

I currently have custom textures that work for all characters. I also have working custom victory music for the character I am trying to change the portrait for. All I want to do now is change the portrait on the character select screen and a few minor details such as the display name and stock icons.

I am modding "vanilla brawl" NTSC. Using Riivolution v1.0.4 and Brawlbox.

The specific images I want to replace are located:
common5_en\sc_selcharacter_en\char_bust_tex_lz77\MiscData[25]
______
Current relevant files on sd card:
X:\Codes\RSBE01 (I do not remember when or how I made this as it has been more than a year since I first modded my wii)

X:\Private\Wii\APP\RSBE\pf (nothing in this pf folder)

X:\riivolution\codehandler.bin (I read that this is no longer needed with v2.5.1?)
X:\riivolution\SSBBtemplate (wiidisc version="1")
X:\riivolution\modlauncher (Brawl Mod Launcher v2.5.1)
X:\riivolution\config\RSBE (riivolution version="2")

X:\brawlmods\textures\system\fighter
X:\brawlmods\textures\system\common5_en (11.9 MB) (I keep forgetting to note if the suffix _en freezes the wii; freeze=correct suffix and filepath)
_______
I have tried deleting stuff from the common5 such as fitpokeliz- and zeni- to reduce the common5 file size but I receive the same results anyway. I have also tried deleting MiscData stuff that I was not going to change but again it gave the same results (I got under 900kb deleting "irrelevant" MiscData).

The images I am using to replace MiscData[25] in Brawlbox were released by the creators at ~40kb each and with a resolution of 128x160. I used GIMP to index the images and reduced their file size to under 8kb each (apparently image file size is not my issue as the results persist). Additionally the released build included a ready-made MiscData[25] file with the adjustments I want so I am dumbfounded as to why I'm having issues.

it would be amazingly awesome if someone would be so kind as to upload their functioning rii csp sd card setup...so instead of a mind melting puzzle, I could just copy/paste then make my 2 minute adjustments...

thanks for any help

Korba

Smash Rookie
I got CSPs to work with Riivo Modlauncher by puttin CSPs to textures/menu2/sc_selcharacter_en

Try that :)

Torpid

Smash Rookie
I got CSPs to work with Riivo Modlauncher by puttin CSPs to textures/menu2/sc_selcharacter_en
nothing happened; the wii did not freeze up either. I even tried removing the suffix _en in both the file name and in brawlbox but of course no effect.

Top Bottom