• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help with Proper Crouch Canceling

3HUNA

Smash Rookie
After watching None's sets at GOML I think it's pretty obvious that crouch canceling can be a great tool in the neutral. That being said, I'm still struggling to figure out when and how to properly use it. What match ups does it work best with? In what situations will you get the most benefit? What are some standard followups out of CC?

Rachman

be water my friend
Cc or asdi down? Either way I find it critical in most mus honestly even if you don't get a punish. Sometimes I'll eat a move instead of going into shield and immediately dash into center stage if I'm playing someone like m2k who I wanna gtfo when near the ledge lol.

Anyways, the bnb uses are stuff like cc grab/dash jc grab or cc knee but ive been experimenting with less typical usages like ccing spacie Nair then stomping if it's a high cross up Nair as the stomp will help me avoid and outspaces the shine. That and cc dtilt once it knocks are the only really weird ways I use it, otherwise it's just unsafe moves at low%s or on platforms

Especially critical vs sheik (most of her stuff or else you'll get wrecked even easier than normal), fox bair/Nair/even usmash/uair at low%s, falcon Nair or uair (especially on platforms!!!), Marth fairing poorly at you etc. Just think about it and you'll easily find many uses for it, it's definitely a tool that I hadn't appreciated until recently either but is super useful. I will say that using asdi down in conjunction with tdi is super good for getting slide offs instead of being comboed and that's SUPER good even if it isn't exactly what you were asking.

Top Bottom