• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help with Pikmin Whistle!

Syne49

Smash Cadet
NNID
FinalEnder49
I have noticed that sometimes when trying to quickly switch my order I have to down-b twice. Is this due to something I am doing or just how it is now because its seriously driving me nuts right now. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
I have noticed that sometimes when trying to quickly switch my order I have to down-b twice. Is this due to something I am doing or just how it is now because its seriously driving me nuts right now. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!
What scenarios is this occurring in? Also you may have the color it would normally put in front there already. So if you have red, blue, yellow as your line, and the next whistle puts all reds in front it will keep that one there. As well as arrange the other two in the correct order.

Last edited:

Syne49

Smash Cadet
NNID
FinalEnder49
Whether standing or jumping it happens. To properly test it earlier I went into training and just used it standing still. It took me two down-bs before it would shuffle. The arrow would stay over the red pikmin if I just used one Pikmin Whistlem

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
Whether standing or jumping it happens. To properly test it earlier I went into training and just used it standing still. It took me two down-bs before it would shuffle. The arrow would stay over the red pikmin if I just used one Pikmin Whistlem
Was this right after you had spawned? The red should have been in the front of your line, and since you hadn't whistled the counter was still on 1 (Or the first time using it) putting the color red in first. That's why when you use it a second time the yellow goes to the front.

Syne49

Smash Cadet
NNID
FinalEnder49
No, I had actually taken the time to run to one side of the screen. It happens regardless though of what position I am in.

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
No, I had actually taken the time to run to one side of the screen. It happens regardless though of what position I am in.
But had you used any Pikmin since the game started? If not the red would still be in front, and the whistle would still put red in front since that's where it starts on it's first use.

koken

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kokenz
As far as I know.

First whistle always reorder your pikmin with RYBWP and points the first in that line, sequential whistle will change the pointer to the next Pikmin.

If you use pikmins with any move but the line maintain the order, the next whistle will change the cursor. If they are not sorted and you whistle again, it will be like the example above.

I have to confirm this though.

D

Deleted member

As far as I know.

First whistle always reorder your pikmin with RYBWP and points the first in that line, sequential whistle will change the pointer to the next Pikmin.

If you use pikmins with any move but the line maintain the order, the next whistle will change the cursor. If they are not sorted and you whistle again, it will be like the example above.

I have to confirm this though.
I just spent what felt like a couple hours in training mode on my 3DS committed to understanding the whistle and
It seems to work like this:
Look at all living Pikmin and select the one that appears earliest in the order.
Rotate the order such that the selected Pikmin appears at the end.

For example, when the game starts the order is RYBWP so if you attack with the red (selecting the yellow) then whistle you will end up with the red again.
Then since you selected a red the order changes to YBWPR.
If you were to then throw the yellow off the stage and pluck a white, despite where the living Pikmin are, whistling would select the blue and set the order to WPRYB.

Last edited by a moderator:

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
I just spent what felt like a couple hours in training mode on my 3DS committed to understanding the whistle and
It seems to work like this:
Look at all living Pikmin and select the one that appears earliest in the order.
Rotate the order such that the selected Pikmin appears at the end.

For example, when the game starts the order is RYBWP so if you attack with the red (selecting the yellow) then whistle you will end up with the red again.
Then since you selected a red the order changes to YBWPR.
If you were to then throw the yellow off the stage and pluck a white, despite where the living Pikmin are, whistling would select the blue and set the order to WPRYB.
Sakuwhy?

Top Bottom