• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help with Personal Build

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
K, Im a newb to all of this. What Im trying to do, is use Project M 3,02 Full Hackless, grab some costumes from kc-mm for every character, and change their CSP, battle portrait, results portrait, and their stock icon. I use the costume manager to replace the FitCharXXX and CSP and the BrawlBox for everything else. So far, I only have 6 costume/color changes those being:
Flying Mario - Texture. Changes include CSP, BP, RSP, and Stock Icon. Replaces Brown/White Mario.
Purple/Teal Mario - Texture. Changes include all of the above. Replaces Blue Mario
Red Sonic - Texture (It was originally Sonic in Links clothes, but I got rid of that one) Changes include all of the above. Replaces Red Sonic
Hero of Mobius Sonic [Sonic + Links clothing] - Texture, Import. Changes include all of the above. Replaces Black Sonic.
Ice Sonic - Texture, Vertex. Changes include all of the above. Replaces Purple Sonic.

Ive only had problems with the Red Sonic, since every time I pick him the game ends up crashing, and when I do chose a character that works, the game will freeze when I go to play a 2nd match, despite the character I picked. Currently, I cant even get to the CSS.
Is there anything im doing wrong? I would appreciate any help.

Last edited:

Kirito-

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheRealKirito
3DS FC
3179-7237-9807
That usually means you inserted one of the images wrong. You probably made one of the CSP too big when inserting them which is why you can't go to the CSS. Reinsert the images you inserted and make sure they are 128x160 and don't exceed 11,000 bits. That should get you to the CSS.

Your game crashes when you start a game because your BP are too large. Reinsert them again and make sure they are 48x56. Also don't click "recommended" when you insert an image in brawl costume manager.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
That usually means you inserted one of the images wrong. You probably made one of the CSP too big when inserting them which is why you can't go to the CSS. Reinsert the images you inserted and make sure they are 128x160 and don't exceed 11,000 bits. That should get you to the CSS.

Your game crashes when you start a game because your BP are too large. Reinsert them again and make sure they are 48x56. Also don't click "recommended" when you insert an image in brawl costume manager.
Thank you, I thought it would be a problem with the images. Ill keep this in mind.

Does the same apply to stages? Because the game crashes when I try to go to the SSS

Last edited:

Sandfall

Stage Designer
Does the same apply to stages? Because the game crashes when I try to go to the SSS
Yes. Another thing to keep in mind is that if you are using the Stage Expansion Pack/Template, your stage portraits might be going over the file size limit. To fix this, just proportionally reduce the size of the stage previews.

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Yes. Another thing to keep in mind is that if you are using the Stage Expansion Pack/Template, your stage portraits might be going over the file size limit. To fix this, just proportionally reduce the size of the stage previews.
I dont think I am using the Stage Expansion. Also, I changed the image and instead of making a buzzing noise when I pressed start it just freezes and the music shortly stops after

Last edited:

Kirito-

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheRealKirito
3DS FC
3179-7237-9807
I dont think I am using the Stage Expansion. Also, I changed the image and instead of making a buzzing noise when I pressed start it just freezes and the music shortly stops after
If you have the default number of stages then you are not using the Stage Expansion Pack. As for your freezing problem, it is likely the images again. Make sure they are the proper size, and again, don't click "recommended" when putting them in.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
If you have the default number of stages then you are not using the Stage Expansion Pack. As for your freezing problem, it is likely the images again. Make sure they are the proper size, and again, don't click "recommended" when putting them in.
Whats the limit on the bytes? I only have 2 stages with images, and I know one of them works because I installed it before any other stage and tested it out by itself.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Sorry for the double post, but I installed a stage over Metal Caverns (Which is over Mushroomy Kingdom) and it works and everything, but everything's black. The blocks are black, the background is black, Im basically fighting in nothing. Im going to assume its some sort of coding that made the stage not move or something....
I used this stage texture btw
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/Bra...e=&MainType=Stage&SubtypeSearch=and&Target=-1

8B-dindinmaster

Smash Cadet
Sorry for the double post, but I installed a stage over Metal Caverns (Which is over Mushroomy Kingdom) and it works and everything, but everything's black. The blocks are black, the background is black, Im basically fighting in nothing. Im going to assume its some sort of coding that made the stage not move or something....
I used this stage texture btw
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Moderated=All&Reported=All&Wifi=0&Featured=All&Name=NSMBU Frosted Glacier&NameExact=on&ByUser=&Credit=&Info=&AudioSource=&MainType=Stage&SubtypeSearch=and&Target=-1
That sounds typical of a .rel file problem, I think. If the download came with .rel file, put it in the module folder. If it didn't, try deleting the st_mariopast.rel from the module folder on your SD card. That's all I got.

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Things have been going smoothly so far, so thanks for all the help Ive gotten! :)
For any pictures change the compression to CMPR.
Thanks man. You mentioned that BrawlEx is now compatible with Project M. Can you help me with this? My cousin and I had a dispute over Brawl Pit and Project M Pit, so I want to add Brawl Pit as Dark Pit. How would I go about doing this?

Last edited:

WalkingAngel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WalkingAngel
3DS FC
1289-8866-4008
Things have been going smoothly so far, so thanks for all the help Ive gotten! :)

Thanks man. You mentioned that BrawlEx is now compatible with Project M. Can you help me with this? My cousin and I had a dispute over Brawl Pit and Project M Pit, so I want to add Brawl Pit as Dark Pit. How would I go about doing this?
I would suggest downloading Project Ex. I have put brawl ike into it and he works exactly just like in brawl but he still has melee air dodge

WalkingAngel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WalkingAngel
3DS FC
1289-8866-4008
Right, I have downloaded BrawlEx, but how do I use it/insert new characters in it? :laugh:
I mean "PROJECT EX" (Project M With Brawl Ex Blank Slate)

But More to the point there are tutorials everywhere on youtube.
Heres one to set up the clone: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGyrq6QVgxg

One more thing Since Project M clone engine and Brawl Ex are incompatible you have to re-setup Roy and Mewtwo

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I mean "PROJECT EX" (Project M With Brawl Ex Blank Slate)

But More to the point there are tutorials everywhere on youtube.
Heres one to set up the clone: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGyrq6QVgxg

One more thing Since Project M clone engine and Brawl Ex are incompatible you have to re-setup Roy and Mewtwo
Oh, Project Ex? Ill see to it, thanks for the info.

Top Bottom