• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help with my Rosalina?

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Hey everybody. Smash U newbie here. Never picked up the 3DS version so I'm trying to learn this game.

I want to use Rosalina since I loved everything about her in the games she's from, but I'm not sure what exactly my gameplan is with her. I'm coming off being a Donkey Kong main since the N64 days; dabbled with Dedede in Brawl/Project M but stuck with DK all these years. It might be that I'm generally bad at competitive Smash, but I keep getting rolled in online matches by randoms who manage to keep me off the ground. I'm particularly sour about a FT5 set I just had with an Ike player, a character who from my understanding is supposed to have a horrible time against Rosalina.

I don't know what I'm supposed to do with her against characters like Ike and Dark Pit who have armored lunging moves that blow right through my luma. I found myself particularly vulnerable to Ike rushing me down. I get that she's all about stage control but how do you kill anyone with her? It seems extremely difficult to land any kill smashes and all of her B moves are purely situational.

Any help would be appreciated.

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
I don't yet have the game myself, so I can't test this. But, I'd try f-air. If you predict a side b, try to short hop a fair into it. I find it makes for a nice hitbox wall.

If you have luma, you can just use luma shot to send him into the Ike dash, then follow up with a dash attack or aerial if he doesn't fly too far. Another great move is your star bit shot, it's a decent choice as it is a projectile. Remember to use luma's attacks as a wall. If Ike or pit are blowing through him with a side b, use an attack of your own.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
You should probably read the guide, pinned on the main page (called The Waltzing Duo, or something like that). Although it gives a good general overview, some special techniques such as CRARG can only be found in the Rosalina & Luma character guide. As for rushdown characters, typically I use luma shot with star bits to rack up damage and then a good smash finishes them. Their super armour is annoying, but it is easy to learn which moves have super armour and dodge them.

Cel

Smash Cadet
For the problem you are having vs being rushed, keep in mind, jumping away is generally a good option to take. Just be quick about getting back down vs some characters.

Top Bottom