• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help with my Marth (Vid inside)

feardragon64

Smash Champion
Edit: It wasn't you, rewatching >>

Edit2: You have a pretty good marth.Here's what I saw

You have a really good edgeguarding game. But you can further improve it by using nair a bit more. It's a wonderful attack since even if they airdodge the first hit, the second hit will almost always kill them at decent %'s.(and it's fast as hell).

If you use a move that you just can't seem to get in, use a few other moves before you try again, less you be predictable. This sorta happened with dancing blades and you gave up after a few tries. You game is great right now, but it could be even better with a healthy diversity of moves =](we all love fair and bair, but marth has some other good moves too!)

Nice shieldbreaker, LOL. When I saw that shield drop I was just like, either that samus is gonna die soon, or that samus' shield is going to die soon followed by her death. xD

Oh and general tip, when the match starts against someone who uses projectiles, JUMP really fast. I find that when people face marth, they like to spam projectiles at the very start of the match to get in some quick damage. Even if they don't, it doesn't really put you in a bad position since it kinda already goes into your approaching fairs technique. =]

Good marth though! Keep working on that diversity of moves!

P.S. Dolphin slash out of shield at high %'s KILLS, and you rarely have to worry about decay killing the knockback since it's rarely used =]

bobjamesbob

Smash Rookie
Edit: It wasn't you, rewatching >>

Edit2: You have a pretty good marth.Here's what I saw

You have a really good edgeguarding game. But you can further improve it by using nair a bit more. It's a wonderful attack since even if they airdodge the first hit, the second hit will almost always kill them at decent %'s.(and it's fast as hell).

If you use a move that you just can't seem to get in, use a few other moves before you try again, less you be predictable. This sorta happened with dancing blades and you gave up after a few tries. You game is great right now, but it could be even better with a healthy diversity of moves =](we all love fair and bair, but marth has some other good moves too!)

Nice shieldbreaker, LOL. When I saw that shield drop I was just like, either that samus is gonna die soon, or that samus' shield is going to die soon followed by her death. xD

Oh and general tip, when the match starts against someone who uses projectiles, JUMP really fast. I find that when people face marth, they like to spam projectiles at the very start of the match to get in some quick damage. Even if they don't, it doesn't really put you in a bad position since it kinda already goes into your approaching fairs technique. =]

Good marth though! Keep working on that diversity of moves!

P.S. Dolphin slash out of shield at high %'s KILLS, and you rarely have to worry about decay killing the knockback since it's rarely used =]
hm... thanks
I always thought nair was a bit situational and hard to use, but i have seen many people talking about it... so i'll try to incorporate those..
thanks for the tips :)

The Marth

Smash Apprentice
nice. basically what feardragon said covers it. use some more grabs too. it screws up ur opponents thinking and that can lead to chain grabs, or a spike. Maybe both, lol

good job!

Top Bottom