• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help with my marth please

Dreadlord Santa

Smash Journeyman
Against most people, you should be able to space Fairs well enough so a shield-grab wouldn't work against you, and as for sidestepping, you should usually be able to use a fair and l-cancel it into a fsmash. My brother stopped trying to dodge my attacks that way because I punished him like that so many times ^_^

Warped_Mind

Smash Apprentice
You'd think with a Marth FAQ stickied at the top of the page and a half dozen help topics already on the page would already answer people's questions...

flaco

The Terminator
Well If he always sides steps or shieldgrab anticipate the side step then make your move punish him for miss timing the move.Dont get discoreged becuase he does the same move just captalize on it remember that hes gonna do the same thing then attack.

flaco

The Terminator
Also remember marth range and tacticks.Also learn the jc grab these will grab him if you do it right if he does the side step it doesent matter becuase jc grab his faster on frames.

flaco

The Terminator
k brother jc grab means jump canceled grab is better that a normal dash grab.To do it you need to press up with the joystick and real fast press the z to calcel it.

booshk

Smash Lord
im not trying to insult u in any way. dont be predictable like running and attacking him making him side step dodging and resulting in a punishment
mindgame him into grabbing or something.
next time dont assume im trying to insult or flame u

edit; double post my bad.

flaco

The Terminator
booshk dont double post.Also deathreaver if you need more help please let me know aight bro but um thanks for the rep is blue but thanks lol.

flaco

The Terminator
that it means you types something that is not good or bad it doesent decrease or increase my rep thats all but is all good thanks anyway.

flaco

The Terminator
Well dont worry about it people who know what there talking about dont care about rep but if you nedd help pm or contact me in msn.

booshk

Smash Lord
booshk dont double post.Also deathreaver if you need more help please let me know aight bro but um thanks for the rep is blue but thanks lol.
buddy i already said it's my bad let it go alright holy **** the ****s ur problem

flaco

The Terminator
Yo is all about spacing go to my thread novice marth trainig and you will now what ever you need to learn marth pretty good,also the counter is not that good to use evry time dont use it becuase your enemy might capatilize on it and punish you for it.Also I went to guanlet that thing was tight.

flaco

The Terminator
Also try marth dashdance is the second best in the game after captain falcons but is pretty useful it tricks your opponent to make him attack by reaction not by mindgames so dashdance are good also pivots are good but hard so try the pivots.Also marths game is all about spacing like I always say try to pass my range you will get slapt pass my range and get grabbed,so keep it up the good work and let me know how you do bro.

sup

Smash Cadet
Also try marth dashdance is the second best in the game after captain falcons but is pretty useful it tricks your opponent to make him attack by reaction not by mindgames so dashdance are good also pivots are good but hard so try the pivots.Also marths game is all about spacing like I always say try to pass my range you will get slapt pass my range and get grabbed,so keep it up the good work and let me know how you do bro.
True flaco well said any help to improve me marth let me know or pm

flaco

The Terminator
Hey bro what about pivots you know those ones.There hard to do um when your doing the dashdance you see thats marth heads poops up in the animation when you see is head you could do a foward smash with the c stick and up smash and down smash only id you do it right is pretty useful but hard you have 2 frames to do it.

flaco

The Terminator
K the pivots are done by doing first the dashdance perfectly when you see marths head pop up from the animation you could do a fsmash by using the c stick also a up smash and down smash by using the c stick is pretty useful but hard to do practice,and dont I deserve rep lol jk.

sup

Smash Cadet
K the pivots are done by doing first the dashdance perfectly when you see marths head pop up from the animation you could do a fsmash by using the c stick also a up smash and down smash by using the c stick is pretty sueful but hard.
true flaco is exactly like that but mad hard to do it you have less that a sec to do it right.

flaco

The Terminator
yes sup it just takes time and practice to do but is a good move you could land a foward smash right in his face if his comming right to you I find it useful I havent masterted it but is a good move to learn.

Marth/Falco Pro

Smash Lord
Hey, well I cant really help you with Marth much seeing as how Flaco pretty much covered all of it. =D All I can say is listen to what this guy has to say, space your attacks, time your attacks, and mindgame people! Mindgame is what Marth is all about! If you need help, just AIM me up :laugh:

Top Bottom