• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help with my fox.

fleapy

Smash Journeyman
I play as fox. I can wavedash, l-cancel and all that jazz just fine. What i cant do is combo consistently. I combo with four atacks, then I just fall apart. I'm also a bit to predictable, so any help with that is also great. Thanks in advance.

Seison

Smash Journeyman
Well, for starters, who do you play against usually? that probably would help ppl help you.

Assuming that you play against human players, the first thing you want to do is know everything about Fox and his moves. You can do this by reading the various guides to Fox on Smashboards and by simply practicing. This is important so you can decide quickly which attacks you should follow up with in any particular situation.

If you've got Fox's moveset down pat, and you can't consistently combo your friends, then you should try to work on your mental game, as this may be a factor in your falling apart. Try to read your opponents, and not just situationally either. If you usually play with the same group of ppl, then you should be able to pick out various tendencies that they have, such as which way they usually tech (most ppl have a preferred course of action even if they don't realize it) or the way they tend to DI or how they attempt to interrupt your combos.

Knowing things like this will allow you think more clearly in battle, and you'll find that you'll be much more successful in predicting what your opponent is going to do if you just take the time to think about it. A good mindgame combined with a good knowledge of your characters moveset will allow you to take a situation (even in the heat of a combo), analyze it, and act accordingly.

Lastly, something you should consider, is watching some vids of pro playing. Doing this will give you tons of ideas for combos that are actually practical in battle.

Hope this helps. definitely read the fox guides if you havent already.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
I didn't really read what seison posted, but i was impressed that he could say that much w/o seeing a vid. Personally, it would make this task monumentally easier if you could link us to a vid of you're playing. Just make sure you can waveshine>usmash everyone that doesn't fall to the shine, and isn't ICs/ Luigi.

Seison

Smash Journeyman
^^

lol, yeah a vid would be good too :p

don't bother reading my post though, I only taught him the ultimate secrets of pwning.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Ok. good. I wouldn't want to read the ultimate secrets of pwning, i'd rather find them out myself. and experience is a key factor. One day, i hope to play like SDM's AR adventure fox.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
5 person tourney? can you really even have a tourney w/ only 5 ppl? Whatever. Yeah, get some vids, bring them back here, and we'll help you out. Try to get vids w/o the use of a camcorder (due to low quality). Have fun.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
and you're the best of the 5. else, not really worth it. although, back in my roll & smash days, i held a 5 person tourney at my house for the 5 best in our city. I won it, and the entrance fee was your ego, and the prize was the right to pwn. course, we all sucked, but we thought we were the ****. i won btw. And it was RR style, not bracketed.

Tundravalco

Smash Journeyman
when it looks like im losing my combo i always go for the u-air and see if i can keep it going from there and if i cant i just move to the the left or right and follow them with lasers to the ground.

Top Bottom