• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help with Marth.

Megamioflust

Smash Cadet
Is there an easy way to master the sword dance? Everytime I think I got it down I mess up 40% of the time. I'm too white and have no rhythm:(. Can someone give me some pointers pls.

IPokeSnails

Smash Rookie
try to slow down then get all 4 hits to come out. after that, slowly speed up the button presses. there is no way to magically learn it so just practice. you are probably pressing B too fast
Yea ur doin it too fast so just do side B wait for half a sec do b wait and repeat just go to training and u should learn in a few minutes

DarkRunner00

Smash Journeyman
Well here is my 2 cents, but slow down is the only i could say to... help you truly...

but a method of fixing up your fingers and training to slow them is what I did for my control scheme...

if you don't use L for anything set it for "Special"

now practice timing the dance, slow down, and make sure to complete the dance.

don't bother with up combo and down combo right now.

Just master the rhythm right?

Okay I told you to set up the L for special because... if you're like me... i begin to mash B when under pressure and then DB just screws up and i lose and hell breaks loose.

But... basically you have two buttons working on "special" one which is L and as wierd as it sounds... you don't even have to implement it to your style... its a safeguard when you (i) realize that you're (i'm) mashing B, and failing DB... its just a reminder to take you time

since L "special" is a lot more awkward, the timing is a lot better to time (since you'll have to think it through)... but later on it gets too awkward, and quite difficult to pull Up combo and Down combo... When you can start doing L "special" then start alternating the two buttons for to check if you got a pretty good idea of the rhythm needed for a successful DB... and then finally just think you're pressing L and you'll just be using b...

that's all i can really tell you, i'm no good at helping since I'm not that good... just what I did to work on my DB y'know.

Sooner or later, when you get good at starting the combo and just timing B... start implementing up and down... and it'll be awsome

Good luck

Top Bottom