• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help with Marth against Ike?

CTCrunch

Smash Rookie
Hi, Ive been playing my friend who plays casually a lot with me, a semi-competitive player, is giving my Marth trouble with his Ike. I was wondering if I could get some tips on what I should be doing/looking out for in the matchup?

Retrolistic

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3282-2606-7561
I think that Marth has a good edgeguard against Ike cause it's like edgeguarding a slower spacie side B. I find trying to counter his Up B when trying to recover doesn't work out well. I think as long as you have a good dash dance that can weave in and out of Ike's nairs and setups, you can easily fit in punishes. Also, just knowing when to spot dodge and/or powershield their Side B's or Side B jump cancel grabs, you'd be fine.

ZeroPixelHitbox

Smash Cadet
I'd think since the majority of Marth's moves are faster than Ike's (aside from the back-air) you should have ease with Ike if you stay in front and use dash dancing to get in and out. I wouldn't go in from the top though.

ProdigyX5

Smash Cadet
If you're going against a bad ike counter with a bad marth

No literally.
Counter
Spam counter lol

Top Bottom