• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help with Lucario

UtahCharizard

Smash Cadet
NNID
UtahCharizard
So I very recently decided to have Lucario as my backup to Charizard, but I'm having a hard time using him still. I feel like I easily get out-ranged by other characters and combo'd like crazy. I think the problem is me rather then Lucario, so I'm looking for some help with using him.

How do I deal with really fast characters, and how do i handle characters like marth and roy who are all about spacing?
And what are some good ways of safely landing or breaking out of combos? Those seem to be my biggest problems.

Empire~

s a d b o y s
To safely land you want to try b-reversing an aura sphere charge (ASC) into them or something similar. Just change your momentum midair to suit the situation. Obv if they catch onto this, do something else. Lucario doesn't really have any moves that break out of combos (apart from nair if you're really lucky) [if i'm wrong on this someone tell me], so mix up your DI. If you've been holding away try holding towards or down etc.

Top Bottom