• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help with Lucario

Hairbrother

Smash Cadet
Ok, so my friend constantly switches characters between kirby and lucario. When he's kirby I don't seem to have any trouble with him, but when he's lucario it's a different story. It seems like all he needs to do is dodge back and forth and I can never hit him, not to mention he can dodge past the entire range of fsmash to behind me, and if I try to hit with dsmash and he dodges into it, he can dodge out before it hits. I really need some ideas here.

Anther

Smash Champion
Against a rolling lucario you really just need to get some ability to catch onto his roll tendencies. Some people roll into positions that can get them heavily punished and do it in fairly predictable way. Like, say he rolls away whenever he charges the ball as opposed to sheilding. Land in front of him if you're fairly confident he won't shoot, and walk back a bit and downsmash. Pika's really good at roll chasing, so if rolling's a problem.. you should be able to deal with it with your amazing Dsmash.

You really just have to expect for them to roll, and use some sort of attack that'll be able to adequately punish it, even if it's as simple as walking up to them and fsmashing behind you.

Roller

Smash Legend
Ya. Anticipation is your best bet. Pay carefull attention to the direction he rolls in certain situations. Learn his tendencies, then exploit them.

Top Bottom