• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help with Link matchup

ChewyChase

Smash Cadet
Since 3.0 came out and the completely overkill Sonic changes, I've picked up Lucas, because Mother 3 is pretty great. I've been doing alright locally and can see room for adaptation and improvement with my Lucas vs. most characters. The one character who gives me ridiculous amounts of trouble is stupid Link. I'm with M2K; Link is best character in the game. Seems like there's a hell lot of Link players around here, and even the ones who cannot L-cancel or utilize tech skill still make every game absolutely no fun. I am constantly getting Link zoned with projectiles, dropping combos due to boomerang, getting up-b'd OOS (pls nerf lol), and generally finding myself with no approach options unless the projectile spam stops. Once I get knocked off the stage, I generally get edgeguarded by an easy Nair right by the edge. I've tried to magnet cancel with tether to knock him out of it and mix up my recovery speed/timing, but even so the priority and long hitbox make it very hard for someone mess up.

So, what can I do? How do other Lucas players handle Link? I want to keep playing while I wait for the auto-confirm into anything boomerang to get rocked by the nerf bat. Also, stages... Only PS2 seems to be a fair stage. Close stages go either way depending on if I can get approaches, and large stages turn into a game of waiting for either player to make a mistake. Is any stage good vs. Link?

stones

Smash Rookie
airdodge hold shield button then 'A' to tether. you can use this to dodge the boomerang and apply decent pressure and open a combo. it also auto cancels so it can be spammed I'll try and get an example up good luck

Top Bottom