• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help with Ken Combo?

DV8R001

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1435-4406-8453
Next weekend, I'm going to a tournament in Mobile, AL & I've decided to pick up Melee again after relentlessly playing 4. I picked up some bad habits from maining Lucina, using 4's over all mechanics & I totally lost my ability to Ken Combo. I've got pretty much everything covered aside from this now, as my friends and I are all going to the tourney and training together.

Also how do you guys alternate from playing different games in the series? (Assuming you play other Smash games)

Wafflesaurus

Smash Cadet
NNID
Wafflesaurus
Ken combos are just something that sometimes happen. It depends mostly on the opponent's DI and %. If they give it to you, take it.

AirFair

Marth tho
Yeah, it's tipper fair to knock them up and then tipper dair for the spike.

It's mostly situational, and a ground rule is that it will usually happen earlier for floaties and later for fasfallers percent wise.

Yung Clap

Smash Cadet
*(sorry for the spam)*
D. AIR hit box stays our for 4 frames (frames 6-9). With in any of those 4 frames you have the ability to hit your opponent with the tip of your sword to spike them. Hitting them on any other part of the HB will not spike them.

Also, something most people aren't aware of is that the tipper HB is actually slightly past the actual tip of Marth's sword for his Down Air. He has some other moves that are like this on certain frames but his D. AIR is probably one of the most important ones you need to know.

Frame 6

Frame 7

Frame 8

Frame 9

Last edited:
Top Bottom