• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help with Ike

Starizzle

Smash Apprentice
Almost every match I see Ike he always wins....I personally think Ike is too overbuffed but a lot of others disagree since most people who use him just spam a bunch of attacks so apperently i'm the one with the problem...any tips? His up B and side B gets me everytime. when he thrust his sword and just slams it i go flying over the stage

Plasmaexe

Smash Apprentice
Almost every match I see Ike he always wins....I personally think Ike is too overbuffed but a lot of others disagree since most people who use him just spam a bunch of attacks so apperently i'm the one with the problem...any tips? His up B and side B gets me everytime. when he thrust his sword and just slams it i go flying over the stage
If your knocked into the air and he try's jumping for you to get another hit, Rock is a really good way to catch people off guard. also edge guarding with back air

sway15

Smash Rookie
ike is so slow, punish him hard whenever he misses. Dthrow into 3-4 u-tilts is a great combo against someone as heavy as ike. if fsmash is getting you, shield through it and then have your way with him, or stay just out of range then when he misses dart in a get a throw or something. his usmash can be countered by rock. you just need to learn to recognize his over-b's start up and shield or dodge. same with upB. also as plasmaexe said edgeguarding ike is extremely effective, just be careful of the ether(sp?) spike.
Ike is definitely beatable by far, I usually beat my friend's ike losing maybe one stock

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
yeah, ive wall of pained ike off stage with b-air. works nice. also theres a new discovery on ike boards check it out.

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
im gonna guess you guys are talking about the inhale glitch? that freaking owns ike xD

Plasmaexe

Smash Apprentice
hmm really good Ike players can be kinda scary to deal with =/=. His standard combo doesn't really have that much lag at all and will practically always connect. Safest thing I could do was grab them until their percent was high enough to kill since he knew how to avoid a lot of Kirby's attacks.

The Mediator

Smash Journeyman
Try getting food at spot-dodging the Fsmash... Ya, it's a little risky ('cause if you mess up, you're dead), but sometimes, when you try to shield through it, the smash still pushes you really far away. Because of that, Ike almost always has enough time to shield quickly, and maybe get a grab out of it.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
noooo, **** that dummy ike. at first its tough cuz you run into all his strong *** ****. but once you realize how long his attackas take to come out and how strong they are. you will be able to space and wait for your opening. you have to learn how to bait them into doing stupid attacks. kirby ***** ike.

-hiro

Plasmaexe

Smash Apprentice
Oh yeah somewhere around 40%, you can forward throw and while air jumping use his regular forward air combo to keep him off balance and also deal some pretty decent damage. Also figured out that canceling a dash with a shield + grab is much better than using the Z button while dash grabbing since you don't leave your self open.

ron561

Smash Journeyman
lol if his foward b gets u just inhale and u will inhale him lol

other than that ike is not hard just keep space like hiro said and move in for the kill

and use you forward grab combo with the hammer...you can set up a mean combo against ike like that and it will be hard for him to get out of because he's slow

Sejita

Smash Cadet
Ike's are somewhat easy to defeat, if you just punish them for your mistakes. Ike's attacks have huge lag, both to begin and end. So go in close, draw him into your area, and when he goes for a Fsmash, shield roll, and F-Smash him back. If you're in the air, and he goes for a Aether, just stone him.

Synerate

Smash Cadet
All these ideas are great, just to change it up a bit. try and snag his ability if you get the chance. Charge it up in the air and try to get a shot here and there. Just shoop do whoop
~┼Syn┼~

The Mediator

Smash Journeyman
I just reread this thread... and... I'm totally lost.

Why has "Ike" been changed to "Dwight Eisenhower," "smash" changed to "Halo," and "times" changed to "coins"?

Did I miss something...

The Mediator

Smash Journeyman
Either something is wrong with my comp, or I'm going crazy, 'cause it's happened on all of the other threads I'm subscribed to... along with some extra changes... =/

For example, I think that Zelda = Wisdom now?

Someone please tell me that there's just something wrong with the site...

Jester Kirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JesterKirby
it was the April fools joke.

Anyway vs Ike, if it's already been said then ignore this, but Ike can't recover distances well, so inhale, jump off stage, spit him out and recover ourself should work well. Don't overuse it though b/c he can quickdraw over your inhale if you jsut sit there and use it.

Top Bottom