• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help with hacks PLEASE!

Marth_7

Smash Cadet
Hi there everyone.
I am new to hacking and i need some help on three things.
1. Music Hacks: I have made many songs and converted them to .BRSTM songs and when i put the in private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\sound\Strm and go to my game the song doesnt play at all! Please I ned help on that.:(

2. Stage texture hacks: I recently got a new texture hack for bridge of eldin and when i renamed the file to bridge of eldins file and replaced it, i went to the stage and my wii crashed! Help me please on that

And finally 3. Menu Hack: I recently also got a lucky star menu hack and i revived no CSS file for it but i got everything else.

Once again thankyou to everyone who helps and i am much appreciated please help me.

zydron 342

Smash Apprentice
The far away land of None of Your Business
im also new to brawl hacking and i had the same problem then i found out that hacked file was too big for the game to load it.
Each stage has a certain file size limit and if you go over that limit the game will freeze. So if you have SSP's, that might be the reason that its freezing. Just an idea.

But i did find a great website for people have problems with hacking here it is:

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=9293.0

Try that, if that doesnt help well then google is your next best friend.
Hope it helped.

Marth_7

Smash Cadet
I named the BRSTM files X07
Thanx for ur help
UPDATE
alright got my music working i dunt know how i used gecko instead of gecko OS and now the problem of my stage hacks not working my wii crashes the minute i click them help please!

zydron 342

Smash Apprentice
well...

I had the same problem with my wii, usualy its got to do with the stage hack file being too big for the game to handle, so basicly the game says to the file "Stuff this, i dont wanna work anymore coz your too big for me to handle" and so the game crashes. The only way i have been able to work around this without hours of searching the net for answers, is to just download other stage files that i like and are smaller in file size.

I will do what i can to help you but keep in mind that i am also new to brawl hacking. Please tell me if i am of any help.

Photos

Smash Journeyman
it's possible you have too much stuff on your card. trya different hack on bridge of eldin, if it works, it may the hack's fault.

Marth_7

Smash Cadet
um i am new so i have no clue what a rel file is and zydron and photos all i have is usb loader gecko gecko os homebrew browser and genesis emulator...

shileno

Smash Rookie
Use a 2gb SD, you need space for hacks. Check your File Replacement code, maybe it's wrong. Check that you have the correct names and paths for the stage and music files.

Marth_7

Smash Cadet
alright so i did a new stage for distant planet and got the rel file but now when i do it doesnt crash it freezes when it says ready to fight. And at Shileno i put them in the right derectory

zydron 342

Smash Apprentice
hmmm...

mabye you should spend some time on google finding out stage file size limits, coz thats the only thing i can think of at the moment.

If you cant find anything obvious in you hacks then im afraid that you just might have to start from the begining, making sure you have the right codes and files and all. sorry.

If i think of something else i will tell you.

Top Bottom