• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help with DR on Wiimote/Nunchuck

Cabtn

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, im a wiimote/nunchuck yoshi player and im having a lil trouble with the DR, i can manage to get the dust at 1/4 speed but anything higher i get rising aerials. Anyone think they can hook me up with a good control scheme or give me any tips on how to do the DR with Wiimote/nunchuck. Thxs in advance :]

Chaco

Never Logs In
I actually don't think anyone here does the DR with that setup.

DstyCube

Smash Journeyman
Do it faster, it just takes lots of practice to get the timing down right.

DstyCube

Smash Journeyman
I stand corrected. XD
Lol, oh no. It was just that it sounded like if you can do it on 1/4 speed its possible to do, but you just got to do it faster XD.

Ok, I actually tried it out with a wiimote. Personally I have never used a wiimote, but I was able to do DRs in a few tries after switching the grab button and the jump button on the D-pad. That would be, have shield as up on the D-pad, and jump as down on the D-pad. I'm use to using the L button on the GC controller for shielding, so I was ok with it.

To DR hit down on the D-pad to jump, followed up by hitting it again with the A button at almost the same time. It's really quite easy once you get the timing down. Good luck :).

_Ubemaya_

Smash Cadet
I actually don't think anyone here does the DR with that setup.
Interesting comment, seeing how I said in the DR thread that I use the Wiichuck ;) .

I have jump set to Z and I'm doing Z Z A to DR. It's definitely possible to do it (I've done it a few times, and I can do it on 2/3 speed 30% of the time after a day), but most people don't have very fast left index fingers :( . Just practice.

Cabtn

Smash Rookie
I'll give your config a shot DstyCube with the whole d-pad, thx.
I'll let you know how it goes :]

Top Bottom