• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help with DJC dairs

Squ0ldrive

Smash Apprentice
Hello it is me again with a another noob question. How do you preform a dair with horizontal momentum really close to the ground. What is that a DJC dair or a Short Hopped Dair?

zFrost

how do i title
NNID
z13124
if u djc dair u might not get the 3rd hit bcuz u hit the ground, short hopping u'll get all 3

move left or right and c stick down

Last edited:

D e l t a

That one guy who does the thing with a camera.
while running, you can maintain momentum into a shorthop Dair if still holding a horizontal direction. DJC Dairs can be moved slightly horizontally to infinite the opponent across the stage as 3.02 and at it works higher %'s in 3.5. Running DJC aerials will drop you down as soon as you input the aerial after a double jump (without holding the jump button down).

D e l t a

The only instance I know of where horizontally moving DJC Dairs is practical, is when you're a Ness player (*cough* *cough* @Tetraflora)

Running Dairs are very practical in situations such as tech chasing & making sure only the 3rd hit connects, popping them up. Best of luck!!

Squ0ldrive

Smash Apprentice
I actully second Ness, don't tell any body but I dont find him as fun as Lucas. :D

Last edited:

Squ0ldrive

Smash Apprentice
I love Ness, but he is so much more easy to use. Ness feels( To me ) alot like Lucas on training wheels, and I like the learning curve that Lucas has. I dont know Lucas just feels more rewarding. If there where no Lucas in PM I would only play Ness.

GPJ4RCE

Smash Rookie
I think for maximum horizontal distance on DJC dairs you need alternate controls but Idon't know what they are. #nohelp

D e l t a

If this referring to the DJC Dair where you only get the first hit of Dair for the infinite in 3.02 and semi-infinite on those that suck at reacting, crouch canceling, or SDI, then simply jump, double jump while holding full horiztonal, then use a Dair. I use tap jump for almost all DJC aerials, and primarily for the very attacks where I want an aerial under the height of a short hop while grounded. After my first jump (normal jump button), I will use tap jump and immediately go from hitting up, to holding horiztonally and performing the aerial.

Squ0ldrive

Smash Apprentice
After my first jump (normal jump button), I will use tap jump and immediately go from hitting up, to holding horiztonally and performing the aerial.
Ya, that is what I do too.
What I meant is that simple have not been practiced it, like I should be.

Top Bottom