• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

help with dedede

D day

Smash Rookie
Okay so i play this dedede main the other day and he's really good. He kept spamming his waddle dee toss when ever i was at a distance and when i got close he would usually do some annoying grab combo. Plus it was taking alot longer for me to KO that fat penguin since he's so heavy, any advice?

p.s we were playing at final d, dont know if it matters

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
yeah own him, kirby owns DDD. you have 6 freaking jumps, make use of that air dodge. Your faster by a lot. Just space bairs. come in with dairs. get those grabs in, dthrow to utilt and uair at lower percents to rack up quick damage. As with anyone asking advice, i always ask to see some vids, its a lot easier to help. i am actually uploading a vid of me vs DDD right now. check it out.

-hiro

Plasmaexe

Smash Apprentice
At low percents, I'd perform a lot of grab combo's with forward throw and down throw until his percent reaches around 40%ish. Never roll right in front of him and use a lot of Kirby's aerials like down air and back air. After getting to around 70 or 80%, go for the kill and edge guard while he's still using his regular jumps. Also you have final cutter as a projectile which goes through waddle dee's and you can jump over things with it =s. He can't do his chain grab on you very well so it shouldn't be too hard.

Top Bottom