• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

help with backwards WD

hilaxial

Smash Cadet
when wavedashing backwards with marth i often get turned around and wind up either facing or walking in the direction that i dashed in. so its really hard for me to wd back and forth facing the same direction. also when wavedashing, i find myself walking a few steps after the wd is complete, and letting go of the control stick earlier just makes me go nowhere on the wd. any tips?

Elen

Smash Lord
If your turning around before the wavedash your moving the control stick too early (you need to be in the air or at least in your jump animation first). If your turning around after your just holding it too long. Just keep practicing you'll get it eventually. Try slowing it down in training mode to figure out when you should be moving the analog stick.

247Marthathon

Smash Cadet
i was having the same prob. there is an easier way to WD and it helps alot with going backwards. instead of jumping then pressing R and downward angle, start of in a downward angle and then jump and press R. im just getting the hang of it now but that seems to be the eaiser way

Top Bottom