• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help with announcer SFX

Giga Man

Smash Journeyman
Hey! So, here's the thing. I downloaded this awesome Lucina (Fire Emblem Awakening) mod and put it over Marth. I replaced as much material as I could to make Lucina seem like a full-fledged character of her own. However, when it came to replacing the announcer call for her name, I ran into a little snag. See, I'm able to get Lucina's announcer call inserted into the .sawnd that also includes Roy's and Mewtwo's, and in-game, the sound works perfectly. The issue is, whenever the announcer calls Mewtwo, a rapid shooting sound erupts just after he's down shouting his name. Roy's announcer call is unaffected, though.

This bugs the mess outta me. If anyone doesn't mind helping me, I will provide the links to my .sawnd as well as the .wav for Lucina's call.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/rt8ccmdkk1n03ee/223.sawnd
http://www.mediafire.com/download/cvnf7tyao989fkv/Lucina+Call+(WMX).wav

Please help if you can, and thank you for your time.

2DaMax

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5086-2280-9010
Ah, that's a common problem with RSBE. It's simply because the new .sawnd is slightly bigger than it should be. It causes the last few sounds to wig out since the code can't really handle larger than a certain size.

Lemme just take a look at that .wav file there, and I'll see if we can't get your problem fixed. :3

EDIT: Okay, I've reduced the Project Rate to 22050 Hz, so it's cut the filesize in half. Try this one out, and see if it's changed anything. ^^

http://www.mediafire.com/download/9b7y5fncke9uc5n/Lucina+Call+(WMX).wav

Last edited:

2DaMax

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5086-2280-9010
Hehe, no problem at all! Glad I was able to help! ^_^

Wulfre

Smash Rookie
Time and place for everything, but not now.
3DS FC
5300-9900-6385
Do you think you could share that sawnd file if you still have it. I cannot for the life of me get it to work when I try myself.

edit - wow, that was quite the dead thread I bumped.

Last edited:

Darknut

Smash Cadet
Do you think you could share that sawnd file if you still have it. I cannot for the life of me get it to work when I try myself.

edit - wow, that was quite the dead thread I bumped.
LOL. I also played around with this a bit, I ended up keeping 'Marth' announcer call, and simply replaced Lucina's in game voice. I wasn't able to find any announcer packs for PM with Lucina in them. The ones I did find were for Brawl, so Roy and Mewtwo became 'Pokemon Trainer'. Annoying, but now I don't really care with hearing Marth at the CSS. It would be nice if someone could upload and share the file with Lucina's call added to a PM file.

cramazzratazz

Smash Apprentice
hey gang, sorry to also bump, but i have a very similar issue with the exact same files. the thing is that when i try to create the sawndz file for my modified 223 file, an error in super sawndz prevents me from any changes being save, saying that i have an incorrect number of arguments... anyhelp would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:
Top Bottom