• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help when getting Shield pressured by Fox

JacK from Canada

Smash Rookie
Hi was wondering what I can do to get an aggressive Fox off my shield. Many people in my region play Spacies (more Foxes though) and I was wondering what are Peach's options when a Fox is drill shining shield? Like am I able to escape, grab, attack? Whats the best option?

Thanks,
JacK

ctrlaltdefeat

Smash Rookie
If the drill is stale at all (which it usually is) you can grab it every time. its a tight window so its something you need to practice. an alternative is buffering jump out of shield with c stick and then nairing. if his shine still comes out before ur nair then u get shined in the air and if he tries to follow it up you can punish him

CAUP

Smash Journeyman
If you see they are drilling your shield, drill is at best negative six on shield which means you can up b it. That said it's really hard. One thing you can do is buffer jump if they are drilling your shield. When they shine you, you'll land almost immediately, experience four frames of landing lag, and then be actionable. They can't follow up. Also you can put in a nair in case they don't shine

KirinKQP

Smash Journeyman
I think if you light shield, you get pushed back much further than when full shielding. Maybe not as much as, say, Yoshi in shield but you have a good time getting out of range of his next attacks for the shield pressure.

Top Bottom