• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help vs Roy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stickmanlolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lolaldenlee
Switch FC
SW-1694-6309-5598
I just went to tournament yesterday and in the loser's brack went against a Roy. I was promptly eliminated w/o any knowledge of the MU. So what can I do with Jigglypuff in order to have a better chance against the next Roy I face?

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
Why didnt you ask others in the Jigglypuff forum?

Last edited:

SafCar

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0645-5834-8488
Roy is harder here than in Melee since his sweetspot can hit Jiggly more easily. This combined with his lesser endlag on aerials make it tough for Jigglypuff to approach.

As Jigglypuff, you want to try and force Roy offstage. In that situation, Roy is vulnerable to a lot of your edgeguarding tools. Nair, Fair, and Bair can carry Roy offstage at mid percentages, and he is limited in what he can recover with.

In neutral, beware what Roy approaches with, and try to fake him out to see what he does when pressured. Shieldgrabs can help send him off stage and force the match into your favor, but remember that patience is the key.

Stickmanlolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lolaldenlee
Switch FC
SW-1694-6309-5598
Roy is harder here than in Melee since his sweetspot can hit Jiggly more easily. This combined with his lesser endlag on aerials make it tough for Jigglypuff to approach.

As Jigglypuff, you want to try and force Roy offstage. In that situation, Roy is vulnerable to a lot of your edgeguarding tools. Nair, Fair, and Bair can carry Roy offstage at mid percentages, and he is limited in what he can recover with.

In neutral, beware what Roy approaches with, and try to fake him out to see what he does when pressured. Shieldgrabs can help send him off stage and force the match into your favor, but remember that patience is the key.
Thank you. I'm going to jot this down for next time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom