• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help vs marth

Roys amazing

Smash Cadet
i cant beat him. marth gets me into a F-air combo. When ever i use my up-B recovery marth just hit me and makes it back to land while i cat make it because i wont be able to use my recovery again

TheKingofBrawl

Smash Cadet
Well, if he hits you high, hold the jump button to glide (practice gliding) and attack him when he's about to fair you. When flying off horizontally, shoot an arrow to distract him and hurry on the edge. Find the best tactic to get away (I just drop jump uair because of the large hitbox, but it sometimes isn't good if marth is far away enough to miss the attack and get a sweetspot forward smash.) To dodge the fair combo, just play their game, and learn how to play like the pros, and short hop some bairs. Their sword range is still long, but you can get them most of the time if you time it right. Also, >B is you're frustrated works in some situations >:)

drag0nfeather

Smash Journeyman
Remember, air-dodge is SPAMMABLE. Perhaps try some SHAD'ing (Short-hop air dodge). If you know he would like to start comboing you on the edge-game, you keep jumping and using an air-dodge. Their time slots fit perfectly.

Marth's Fair is useless when you are underneath them. I found this out when I used Marth against my friend's MK. He still beat me with one life left though. Marth's main game is his Fair edgeguards, if your opponent doesn't take a lower route that you know you can't make it back from or expects you to come out so MK can use his B-UP. Don't be predictable for Marth's forward smashes. Spam arrows because his main game is in the air and it'll REALLY screw him up.

Roll and predict when you know your opponent is going to use the Fair. It's only one attack. It should be predictable enough. REMEMBER TO STAY CALM and play conservative. Be reactive. Let your opponent run to you while you hit 'em up with arrows. He has no projectiles so HE needs to go to YOU. That means there's less of a chance for you to trip. Erm... I don't know how difficult it is to space Marth's Fair by walking away. I'd try to do that as well and punish with forward smashes, as usual.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I hated Marth anyways, that cheap good for nothing *Shoots arrow at Marth Dart Board*

When at a distance, Arrows Arrows Arrows!
When he gets close, you must shield against his attacks, or use the Mirror shield as an offensive weapon and use it to make him turn around, like Mario's cape.
His Counter move is annoying, so use grabs somewhat often to prevent the player from abusing the move.

That's all i can give for now. I'll come back and update my findings.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Keep away from him and stay behind him as much as you can. Spam arrows and gimp his recovery the best you can. You can actually use your Mirror Shield to Gimp his recovery since his sword goes through the stage.

If he counterpicks Luigi's Mansion, suicide three times then counterpick Delfino Plaza. >_>

V

Smash Ace
there is no help. marth is superior to all :)

dancing blade = good bye

Finkledoodoo

Smash Cadet
if you don't waste all your jumps your up-b will last very long and you can fly out of marth's reach up to above center stage, you'll have to wing it from there but you atleast have a better chance of survival. just don't forget to attack out of it so that you don't enter that lame free fall... also try to face your back towards marth so you can get out that beastly back air side-b helps turn you if your high enough...

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
if you don't waste all your jumps your up-b will last very long and you can fly out of marth's reach up to above center stage, you'll have to wing it from there but you atleast have a better chance of survival. just don't forget to attack out of it so that you don't enter that lame free fall... also try to face your back towards marth so you can get out that beastly back air side-b helps turn you if your high enough...
Is that really how it works?

Top Bottom