• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help vs. Falco D-air?

Lime_O

All Aboard the Hype Train
NNID
Lime
Hello, I have a question.

I have a friend (plays Falco) who I have been playing and he enjoys using d-air to start (and end, but you can't do anything about being helplessly d-aired) things on me. Any ways to stop it?

niffyjiffy

Smash Cadet
Bait it, DI it when it hits. Nothing interesting AFAIK. If it's very predictable, you might be able to counter, but I wouldn't rely on that.

I am not really certain what situation you are referring too. Unless you mean you are offstage trying to get back on and this Falco decides to just throw himself at you regardless for his own stock and KO you.

Red Rice

Smash Journeyman
If you're talking about how he dairs a lot in the neutral game, just predict it. Shield grab him if he does dairs early or WD back and grab. A predictable Falco is easy to grab

If he doesn't laser you at all, abuse Marth's fluid movement and dash dances to avoid the dairs and then grab him

goateeguy

Smash Ace
If it's all he ever does you could even try utilting him out of it. That's a little more precise but shield-grabbing falco is a habit you'll have to break at higher levels.

djmath

Smash Apprentice
Definitely all of those things above, but also counter. If you know for sure that he's going to dair you, just counter. Aggro falcos are predictable and punishable with grabs, shieldgrabs, and counters

Top Bottom