• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help vs. Duck Hunt Dog? (and help with projectile spam in general)

EpicFlyingTaco

Smash Cadet
So earlier I was playing a Duck Hunt, and getting my butt handed to. Honestly, he didn't even seem like he was that good, it was just me sucking. The thing is, he was sitting back and spamming projectiles.
It's not even just Duck Hunt, its every character with a projectile across all smash games. Projectile spam is my weakness and I need help with it. Also, some advice vs Duck Hunt would be nice. (my god I hate playing against him)

Last edited:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
It's easy to just jump over it then Dair them, Or just air dodge.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
Out prioritize I'd with an auto cancel aerial.
Fake a commitment by jumping as if attacking but halt, they'll probably shield hoping for a grab.

Hellrazor

Wants to Watch the World Burn
NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
Since I play swordies with disjointed hitboxes I just fair/nair the projectiles when moving forward. Either destroys or sends them back (eat your heart out DDD). Could always just take to the air, unless you're Little Mac, in which case there's not a whole lot you can do but hope they screw up their spacing.

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
There's plenty of things you can do in that situation:

1. Walk/run towards them and shield constantly. Don't go all the way up to them as that's what they want you to do. They'll either grab, use a smash attack, or roll towards you. Predict, and react accordingly.

2. Reflect the move back at them. Fox, Falco, Rob, and Ness (may be missing some) can easily hit it back towards them.

3. Constantly hop over the projectile. But same as the walk/run method, don't go all the way up to them.

4. Simply block/spot dodge, and advance.

5. Counter it if you play something with a counter.

6. If you have projectiles that beats theirs, use it and force them to approach.

I fought a great DHD player, but once I got close to them, I easily racked up damage and K.O'd them. It also depends on who you use. That could kind of help us.

Last edited:

EpicFlyingTaco

Smash Cadet
Who do you use?
I just play random characters for now, but I'm really liking Peach, Kirby, Jiggs, Ganon, Megaman, and G&W. Knowing myself I'm probably not going to pick a main until like 6 months from now and even then I'm probably going to wan't to change my main withing another month because I had taken interest in another character like I always do.

EpicFlyingTaco

Smash Cadet
There's plenty of things you can do in that situation:

1. Walk/run towards them and shield constantly. Don't go all the way up to them as that's what they want you to do. They'll either grab, use a smash attack, or roll towards you. Predict, and react accordingly.

2. Reflect the move back at them. Fox, Falco, Rob, and Ness (may be missing some) can easily hit it back towards them.

3. Constantly hop over the projectile. But same as the walk/run method, don't go all the way up to them.

4. Simply block/spot dodge, and advance.

5. Counter it if you play something with a counter.

6. If you have projectiles that beats theirs, use it and force them to approach.

I fought a great DHD player, but once I got close to them, I easily racked up damage and K.O'd them. It also depends on who you use. That could kind of help us.
Thanks, I'll definitely try this stuff out.

Top Bottom