• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help vs DK?

Tetheta

Smash Cadet
I know he's favored vs Marth (or at least was pre 3.5) but there's a local player that has a really good DK and I want to learn as much as I can about how to deal with him with Marth. Anyone have any tips? The crouch canceling and grabs just wreck me the few times we've played.

Iremia

Smash Rookie
I don't have a ton of experience with the MU, but from what I gather CC can be hard to deal with. Use your typical dash dance game and don't approach with anything except a perfectly spaced d-tilt or JC grab. Convert to a combo from there. He seems like he should be easy to combo/juggle. Just know it will probably be difficult to kill him after he escapes the "combo-into-kill" percent.

Jhene

Smash Rookie
Although I haven't played much DK. I would abuse my spacing. If you're able to short hop fast fall nair, or any of your aerials. Abuse those and d tilts and f tilts and make sure you only go in when you're guaranteed anything big

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
DK's grab range was nerfed slightly in 3.5, so that should help us out a bit. Not sure how his other changes shake out for this matchup.

I don't have a ton of experience with the MU, but from what I gather CC can be hard to deal with. Use your typical dash dance game and don't approach with anything except a perfectly spaced d-tilt or JC grab. Convert to a combo from there. He seems like he should be easy to combo/juggle. Just know it will probably be difficult to kill him after he escapes the "combo-into-kill" percent.
DK should basically be dead once he gets a ways offstage, but it might take a while for him to actually drop the stock. Keep swatting him out of up-b and you'll get there eventually.

Retrolistic

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3282-2606-7561
I really have the same issue. I find this MU extremely difficult especially against a good DK. Even with proper spacing, DK can find a way in and he's extremely hard to kill if you aren't tippering right. I would just be mindful of doing SHFFL fairs because shield grabs are a mess... Juggling sounds like a good option because DK doesn't have much he can do when he's above you. Only from what I know, I could be wrong.

Top Bottom