• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help troubleshooting / adding to data collecting plan to verify claims about Bayonetta

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Partly inspired from what Shadow Light Master is doing, I'm going to look at some tournaments and concentrate on Bayonetta games to verify several claims.

- Is she actually "0-to deathing"?

- Is she routinely racking up an unholy amount of damage per combo?

- Is Witch Time broken?

- Are her combos unescapable / easy as sin to do?

- (This is a big one) If You got rid of the alleged 0-to-death combos and even WT, what does it mean for the character?

- Is she making the game go slower? This one I have removed as an unfeasible claim to verify given my data pool and not having the time to see what the average game time for each particular tournament looked at is, or to compare it to the characters involved (Rosalina dittos habitually happening vs Mario dittos, for instance)

At the moment, I am going to look at the youtube videos for Sumabato 9 on the Shi-G gaming channel first, and using their challonge bracket to see who played Bayonetta.

I will also be looking at at least one Xanadu, Ninjalink at Kawaiicon (plus others if they were present), and Pound 2016 if the vods come out any time soon. If possible, I would also be interested in seeing her in doubles, but I don't know if anyone actually plays her there.

Information I will be noting down will be:

- Tournament + where in the tournament (i.e., Winners 4, GF, etc)

- Players and characters used.

- Stage Selection

- Aftermath of a Bayo up-b, etc, combo in percent racked, if it led to a KO, etc.

- How each stock is taken (just for Bayo or for opponent as well?)

- Misc notes I might have found interesting.

- The Winner and set count, obviously.

Is there anything else I should make sure to note, or can be added to either the tournament list (Texas tournaments would be nice particularly due to Aerolink being there), if they have vods or youtube videos or to the claims list to verify?

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
I don't really know what those two videos in the middle are supposed to be for, but I'll see about adding Arena and Shots Fired 2 to the list.

EDIT: I'll look more into The Arena, but Shots Fired 2 happened on v1.1.4, so it's no good for this.

Last edited:

Darksydaz

Smash Cadet
NNID
LordDarksydaz
You wanted to know if she was actually 0-Death'n correct? The two videos in the middle address the 0-death issue. cause of DI...

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
https://oddshot.tv/shot/smashunited-2016041112638758 this is relevant as it shows that not only is bayonetta easily punishable, but that the "0-deaths" are not only escapable, but punishable by certain characters.
Yeah because everyone have a possible KO move that is Intangible since frame 1-27, active frame 2-7.
And a floaty who i remind you can easily escape her witch twist

EDIT: Not saying she's not punishable. Just that the exemple is not relevant at all.

Last edited:

Kalierdarke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kalierdarke
Yeah because everyone have a possible KO move that is Intangible since frame 1-27, active frame 2-7.
And a floaty who i remind you can easily escape her witch twist

EDIT: Not saying she's not punishable. Just that the exemple is not relevant at all.
Dr Mario can up B out of the combos and hit her with it, pretty sure mario can as well. but it's still relevent regardless of whether 1 character can do it or every character can do it. And besides, that first stock ws a punish on shield, I'm pretty sure puff isn't the only character that can punish attacks on shield. Also I said the 0-deaths were "not only escapable, but punishable by certain characters", reading goes a long way when you attempt to complain about someone's post.

Oh, and btw, puff being floaty means nothing because it has been proven Witch Twist treats every character as the same weight.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Dr Mario can up B out of the combos and hit her with it, pretty sure mario can as well. but it's still relevent regardless of whether 1 character can do it or every character can do it. And besides, that first stock ws a punish on shield, I'm pretty sure puff isn't the only character that can punish attacks on shield. Also I said the 0-deaths were "not only escapable, but punishable by certain characters", reading goes a long way when you attempt to complain about someone's post.

Oh, and btw, puff being floaty means nothing because it has been proven Witch Twist treats every character as the same weight.
Since when Weight = Gravity? : ^)

Fastfaller have a more rought time than Floaty to escape Bayonetta Combo.
Punishing Bayonetta on shield for me mean that she was in trouble or the player wasn't good enough at this moment Using a not safe enough move. Using B-air at this moment was stupid and he truly wasn't ready for the rest. Especially when she had a lot of other option at this moment.
It can be great for Puff player. And the information is nice for Dr.Mario player.

Also i lol'd at the ''Bayonetta is easily punishable''

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
This really isn't what this thread is about. At all.

If you two don't have a tournament that can be added to the list or a claim that you think can be verified in how I'm going about this stuff, do you mind taking it to PMs?

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

If you two don't have a tournament that can be added to the list or a claim that you think can be verified in how I'm going about this stuff, do you mind taking it to PMs?
Sorry. it was just a friendly disscution.

I guess you can add the fact that Up-B change the weight to 100 (like cloud) to every character but they keep their Fall speed. Meaning that some character will have more or less trouble to escape even with SD?

Kalierdarke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kalierdarke

I actually linked a clip, from a tournament, with the name of the tournament there so it is trackable, so I don't really think it's fair to get on my case when someone else threw a fit because I was contributing to the discussion.

leesinger

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yolo-swag420T.T
I just got back from a regional in AZ called RISE that had some pretty good players. There were only two notable Bayo players at the tourney, myself (calculus) and JK the bayo from vegas.

Here is JK vs Saiki in Losers Semis https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yY_VQyTqMhg
Here is me vs Crup in Losers Quarters https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6ntcmzW2vA

You can watch our other games on that same youtube channel.

I think JK ended up 4th at the tourney and I ended up 10th

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
You might want to take a look at Tourney Locator's "Shockwave" series, as it has a multitude of sets featuring your very own Aerolink, so they may prove valuable and insightful.
Here's their most recent Grand Finals set, as a sample;

Top Bottom